Gaming DSI Charging Question

justin-dabath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey wondered if someone could help me,

I have a DSI that the screen has cracked on, it still works and was fine before the screen broke.

I brought a replacement DSI which seems to work fine, but when i plug the charger in - the orange light just flashes,

I've swapped batteries with my broken screen DSI and the same thing is happening, but the battery symbol on the top screen still seems to indicate that it's charging,

I tried a google search and it seems people have - flashing charge light but not powering up, can't find anyone with the same problem as me.

Has anyone on here heard of this problem?

justin-dabath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply the pins in the charger port look ok, I've tried wiggling it around while the charger is plugged in and it didn't make a difference,

I've now tried the fuse power board bit out of the dsi that charges fine in it - charging light still flashes,

It must be a motherboard fault?

I've added a video below, the battery indicator recognises the charger

Guessing the best thing for me to do now is leave the console on over night / during the day to drain the batter and then see if it charges ?

justin-dabath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The battery does work in the one with the broken screen

The battery is now drained and it won't charge, it died after around an hour so im not sure if that means the motherboard has a fault that drains it

justin-dabath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i took the motherboard out and under the touch screen there was like some green powdery stuff, dried water i think, the 2 sticker indicators doesn't show any water signs though,

In the end i took the top cover off and cleaned it inside using a new toothbrush and some polish, cleaned all the bottom half up too and fitted my motherboard and bottom screen with touch screen in to it to make one good one out of the 2,

Not sure if Nintendo still fix the DSi's as they are a few years old

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Hey, i took the motherboard out and under the touch screen there was like some green powdery stuff, dried water i think, the 2 sticker indicators doesn't show any water signs though,

In the end i took the top cover off and cleaned it inside using a new toothbrush and some polish, cleaned all the bottom half up too and fitted my motherboard and bottom screen with touch screen in to it to make one good one out of the 2,

Not sure if Nintendo still fix the DSi's as they are a few years old
Nintendo repairs a lot of old consoles, they only stopped repairing the NES a year or two ago due to a lack of parts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...