Homebrew DSi 1.4.5U downgrade (easy) can't get past guide step 2.

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I saw there was a guide, I thought it is finally time to give this a shot.

The DSi has never had any DSiware installed other than the 3DS transfer tool I just downloaded after starting the DSi shop. I just downloaded it to see if DSi Shop was working.

Still can't get into "Data Management" for the SD card or the System Memory.
Stuck at "This system has no accessible data."

It only has: "DSi Sound", "DSi Camera", "DSi Shop", "Download Play", Pictochat, and "3DS Transfer Tool"

Reactions: CatmanFan

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I saw there was a guide, I thought it is finally time to give this a shot.

The DSi has never had any DSiware installed other than the 3DS transfer tool I just downloaded after starting the DSi shop. I just downloaded it to see if DSi Shop was working.

Still can't get into "Data Management" for the SD card or the System Memory.
Stuck at "This system has no accessible data."

It only has: "DSi Sound", "DSi Camera", "DSi Shop", "Download Play", Pictochat, and "3DS Transfer Tool"
Looks like you're gonna need to use this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/twlbf-a-tool-to-brute-force-dsi-console-id-or-emmc-cid.481732/

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how do I dump the NAND? And then reflash it? Is this now possible w/o hardmod? If not, it is really not worth the trouble for me. I mean it's an old console and there are still a few flashcarts not blocked by 1.4.5.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
But how do I dump the NAND? And then reflash it? Is this now possible w/o hardmod? If not, it is really not worth the trouble for me. I mean it's an old console and there are still a few flashcarts not blocked by 1.4.5.
I don't think there are any ways to tinker with the NAND on 1.4.5 without a hardmod besides ugopwn, which I'm guessing you can't get since you don't have Flipnote. Sorry.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way other than a hardmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/