Gaming DSi 1.4.5 -> SD Card slot dead?

Jasper07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,
After a long time I've stared to play on my DSi again. I've updated my DSi to 1.4.5e, and now every time I try to access the SD card on my DSi, it says "The device inserted in the SD Card slot can't be used.". Which I think is very weird, because it used to work on 1.4.4. I've tried formatting it in windows in FAT32 and FAT. Also with the panasonic SD card formatter no succes. Also checked the card for errors in Windos. The same error occurs with other SD cards. The SD card is use is a SanDisk Ultra II 4GB class 4.

Does anyone recognize this problem, or knows the solution to it? I've searched google with no luck.
Any help is appreciated.

tldr; updated to 1.4.5e, now DSi can't read SD cards.

Also, is the DSTwo the best card for 1.4.5? I did not expect the AK team to quit on the last update...

Attachments

• 2013-11-16 18.15.28.jpg
    2013-11-16 18.15.28.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 1,048

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS2 is a really good cart, I would recommend it.

About the sd port...try cleaning the connections with an alcohol socked cotton swab.

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100% alcohol if anything, don't want water to mess up your system.
The most rubbing alcohol concentration I've seen is 70%, if you can find 100% use it, but if you can't the 70% should be fine as long as it's not dripping wet -- the cotton swab just needs to be slightly moist. And use a dry swab to dry off the connections before you use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)