OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSFTP 2.6
Bugfixes, changeable transfer block size
%5B1827%5Ddsftp_sshot_2.2.png

An update to Bjoern Giesler's FTP server application for the DS. Two fixes have been administered, one which prevents a hang that occured with certain flashcarts in the previous version, and another that caused inaccurate file information to be passed to your FTP client. A new "transferblocksize" has been added to the config, which lets you alter the size of the blocks sent between your DS and computer; hopefully allowing you to find a good balance between speed and stability. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Homepage

Reactions: Pokeale43

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
It is also a software component that makes it easy for you to add an FTP server to your own program with a couple lines of code. With this, you can speed up the build process radically, because you can upload the new version of your program to your own running program, and reboot it immediately. This can even be automated via the command line. No swapping of flash cards ever again! Please refer to the Development section of this document for a quick introduction.

wow, sounds pretty neat
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This version doesn't work any better than the previous version for me. Both FileZilla and SmartFTP clients claim that the connection is established, but FileZilla will timeout while waiting for the welcome message, and SmartFTP claims that the established connection was aborted by the software on the host machine. Setting the transferblocksize to 512 doesn't seem to help. ComBox server works, so I don't think it's my WiFi settings or anything.

Any ideas?

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't even use the commandline ftp to connect to it (it times out after 30 seconds), so I'm not surprised that it doesn't work with the Add a Network Place option for Windows XP. Any other ideas?

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that tomorrow, but I don't think port forwarding is the problem since both the DS and PC are on the same router (I believe port forwarding would forward to a particular machine when an outside request is made to the router).

Here's a little more info. As I said, if I try to connect to DSFTP with FileZilla (or any other FTP client) it won't work. But I can connect with ComBox (a different DS ftp server) just fine using any client. Once a connection is made with ComBox, I can end the connection. Now all of a sudden I can connect to DSFTP without any problem with that same client.

However, if I change to a different client program (like the commandline ftp), I have to connect once with ComBox again before it works with DSFTP. Odd.

-Bri

Thanatos19

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
First place the .nds or .ds.gba file on your flash cart. Next make a directory /data/settings/ Copy the default ftp.conf file from the website and place it in the directory. Open the ftp.conf file and edit the information from user to end user

basically just change the default username from (bejorn? I believe it is) to whatever you want and change the password.

Now that you did that get a FTP program like SmartFTP. Open smartFTP and select connect to remote host. Now start up DSFTP and at the bottom of the top screen it will have a IP. Put that in the host field for connecting to a new host in SmartFTP, enter your user name and password, keep everything else default and click ok or finish. You should now be connected. To your right should be another pane exactly like the one you were first presented with. Click open a local folder and just find the file you want to transfer and drag it to a folder on the left pane. Vice Versa for transfering files from the DS to the PC

Ray5780

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone im wondering why cant i delete files on my dsFTP it gives me a error everything is hooked up to my windows xp network and i can write but cant delete

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, That's not old. :rofl2: