DSFTP 2.6 with DSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by shirl001, May 30, 2008.

May 30, 2008

DSFTP 2.6 with DSTT by shirl001 at 7:32 PM (2,315 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. shirl001
    OP

Newcomer shirl001 Member

United States
    Will DSFTP work with DSTT and how to set it up?

Thanks for the help.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yes, it works, but I'd suggest that you read the DSFTP website to learn how to install it: http://giesler.biz/bjoern/en/sw_dsftp.html

I have had problems with DSFTP working only intermittently with my router (FTP clients often cannot connect to it), whereas Lilou Combox (http://masterlilou.wordpress.com/) seems to connect better but has its own problems.

-Bri

3. shajal

Newcomer shajal Advanced Member

United States
    is it good to use? or is there somthing similar to it.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If it works with your router, DSFTP is the better of the two. Lilou's Combox (also known as CFTP) is a lot more buggy and a lot more complicated (although it can work as an FTP client as well as a server and has several other features as well). I don't know of any other FTP clients or servers for the NDS.

Both DSFTP and CFTP are quite slow due to the limitations of the WiFi. Both have the potential to corrupt your microSD if you don't shut them down properly before rebooting your NDS. Frankly, it's a lot faster and easier just to use your microSD reader to transfer files to/from your microSD card.

-Bri

5. shajal

Newcomer shajal Advanced Member

United States
    yeah its better to use ur microsd reader to transfer all your files rather then to be corrupted