DSFTP 2.3 and M3 Simply!?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SUGARSPLIFF, Jan 6, 2007.

Jan 6, 2007
  1. SUGARSPLIFF
    OP

Newcomer SUGARSPLIFF Advanced Member

United States
    Hello All!

I am completly new to the ds scene. Got a ds-lite for xmas and just got in a m3 simply from hong kong yesterday. I have a 1gb sandisk MicroSD card to use with it. I am trying to use DS-FTP with it. So i got the latest version from there homepage v2.3. I put the file dsftp.nds from the archive onto the / (top) directory on my microsd card. I also made a folder in the top directory called "data".. inside that i made another folder called "settings".. and inside that i made a file called ftp.conf. the config file look like this

motd /ftp/motd.txt
    logfile /data/logs/ftp.log
    loglevel 4
    timeout 60
    portrangestart 1
    portrangeend 65565
    listen 420
    screensaver 90
    wakeonlog false

user DS
    pass XXXXXX
    root /
    home /
    write true
    boot true
    end user

user anonymous
    root /ftp/anonymous
    write false
    end user

Now before any of this I setup my WEP key and everything using metroid to access the wifi connection settings tool. Its all set and i play online fine.

So I start my ds and goto games and load the dsftp.nds... it starts.. but says it cannot find the "data/settings/ftp.conf" .. Even tho it does actually exist on there...

So it sets it up with username "default" and a random password.. if i try connecting from my pc with flashfxp it does connect but tells me "LIST FAILED" CANNOT FIND FOLDER".

Does anyone know why it could be doing this? is ds-ftp not compatible with m3 simply? Am I supposed to have the data/settings folder inside another folder and not just in the top(root) directory on my card? I think this would be much easier than pulling out that tiny microsd card and putting it in another adapter and hooking to computer.. doing it all wirelessly would be great.. any help would be much appreciated.. thanks! [​IMG]

2. fryguy

Member fryguy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    You can try Passive mode perhaps that will work.

3. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ok i got a simply but i dont even know what ftp is!! i love homebrew so could someone tell me what it is exactly? (srry i kinda invaded ur topic sugars)

4. SUGARSPLIFF
    OP

Newcomer SUGARSPLIFF Advanced Member

United States
    I tried passive and no passive.. Tried few diff ftp clients as well... weird stuff.. my guess is its a problem with the way the simply does fat i/o...

5. lickmy

Newcomer lickmy Member

Afghanistan
    Wow good thinking! Who would have thought that the problem might be the fact that the card is brand new and most definately not specifically supported by DSFTP yet?

6. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTP

- Sam

7. chalupa

Member chalupa GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ahh shweet. when somone gets this to work on the simply, im all over it.