dsdoom 1.1.1.2 can you play more than 1 wad on 1 card?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Mr Slug, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Mr Slug
    OP

Newcomer Mr Slug Advanced Member

United States
    i have doom, doom2, and final doom, i notice that dsdoom needs wads renamed to doom.wad so that only allows you to have 1 version of a doom on your card at a time yes? or is it possible to put the other dooms into folders and load them? and if so how as i cant figure that out if its possible at all. Would love all dooms on 1 card selectable would be great, also would that mean custom wads need renaming to doom.wad and therefore not allow a original doom on the card?

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Theres a mod of the loader that had a menu for selecting which WAD you want to load.

3. Mr Slug
    OP

United States
    wow really? do you know what its called or where its available? be cool that would.

4. Mr Slug
    OP

United States
    i looked at the prboom cfg i think it called, but cant figure out what too add to make a menu of wads?

i have doom, doom2, tnt, plutonia wads i would really like to have all on 1 card instead of just 1 named doom.wad which only allows 1 of them to be loaded, and if you want to play another you need to go through the prcess of putting it on the card named doom.wad and removing old doom.wad file.

also some custom wads would be nice to have also in the menu.

i also seen someone saying they converted doom64 to play on dsdoom as well??

5. Cheesemonkey

Newcomer Cheesemonkey Member

United States

I don't know much about doom64, but I do know it was really weird and only pseudo-3D, not real 3D like doom.

I think they used a different engine.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the modded version is based off the released ds doom 1.1 source code. it contains many bugs but includes an ini file for wad loading. i can probably find a link and edit this post just give me time.

this was posted on jefklaks blog page. he was one of the people who stepped up to work on dsdoom. http://rs19.rapidshare.com/files/7920876/DSDoomu_1.1.zip. i have not downloaded it so you are grabbing it at your own risk, as jef did not post it someone else did who posted a comment.

this might also help you: http://forums.qj.net/archive/index.php/t-120983.html

from what i remember the guy who tagged a ton of pwads (-=@bandit@=-) after conversion into iwads was the person who hacked the file for multiple wad loading. i can't be sure because he uses text translation apps to speak with me and i miss half of what he is trying to get across.

if you are looking for pwads to test out drop me a PM and i can link you to a huge upload i did at another forum.

now here are the other things you can do.

1 is to hex the dsdoom file and change it to load different wads like ulti.wad, new1.wad etc. then you can have them all in the same folder, each hexed version loads the corresponding wad. just do a hex search for the string "doom.wad" and overwrite it with another 4 character name.

2 is to just use multiple folders and browse between them, each one holding 1 wad named doom.wad (yea thats the obvious method).

3 is to use an app like dsdos/dsorganize to copy and paste/rename wads around your flash card into the root.

i've played with many mentods as i currently have over 100 coverted iwads (player made pwads merged with a retail copy of doom) and wanted to have more than 1 with me at all times.

goodluck!
    -another world

7. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
  8. Mr Slug
    OP

United States
    Thanks i got it and it works great, took a while to blinking figure out what and were to put stuff with no read me file though.

make a file name it data, then put dsdoom folder with the wad folders into data, also put all dsdoom files into dsdoom folder as well except for the dsdoom.ds file which goes on main root of card, that should all work now.

9. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    I simply put all the wads in the place where it reads them from and go in with DSOrganize and rename the wad I want to play and change the wads out that way. Its quick and easy =X