DSCovered, or similar, for WOOD 1.23?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by yatesl, Feb 5, 2011.

Feb 5, 2011
  1. yatesl
    OP

Member yatesl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I remember there being a coverflow style application for flash carts, to replace (I think it just ran on top of) the standard flash cart interfaces;

However, it's quite outdated now, and I'm not sure if it works with the latest revision of WOOD. Are there any other alternatives to this? I love coverflow style interfaces.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
  3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Well at least this wasn't a complete waste of time:

So yeah, it's still possible for now...though probably not for the next WoodR4 update.

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    So how'd you get it to load like that (skipping the Wood GUI) and can it work for Moonshell2?

5. jurassicplayer

United States
    You have to use that r4-wood-source.zip that they had on menudo.co.nr a while ago...(though I don't remember them ever putting an easy link to the file for people to click for some odd reason o.0...I think the file might still be there). It should work the same way for Moonshell2 (sort of...though probably not...since this one has to take the information from an arbitrary loadfile.dat that gets deleted afterwards I think). I still stick with inilink since it covers more of my flashcarts (I stuffed everything in one microSD that can be used on all except my R4s).

In any case, it probably won't work with the next update of WoodR4, but that should have the autoboot feature added anyways...so meh.

6. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    @jurassicplayer
    What firmware are you running on your card as your primary firmware?

7. jurassicplayer

United States
    I generally use Xenofile if I can and have the rest of it as .nds files...though on the DSTWO I use the iMenu plugins screen since I don't really do much with my DSTWO anyways. I would put Xenofile as autoload.nds for my iEvo...but it takes long enough just to load by itself, so I didn't bother (plus I can't get back to the regular iEvo menu without power cycling if I did that since the boot.ievo is encrypted or something).

Technically they are more or less kernels instead of firmware, but as long as you know the difference, it doesn't really matter to me if you specifically use those terms in your posts or not xD.

8. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Really, i have Xenofile still and I haven't used it [​IMG]

9. jurassicplayer

United States
    Lol, well I just find Xenofile to be a pretty spiffy homebrew, abeit I have to be careful not to delete it, otherwise that would prove troublesome for obvious reasons xD.

btw, if anyone needs help with MENUdo or some other alternative "firmware", feel free to drop in to the #gamenow.asia channel in IRC...since practically no one talks there.

10. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Just do what I did when the creator quit, I backed up all my files, compressed them, then uploaded them to my private google docs so I don't lose them