Homebrew DScovered Acekard 2.1 and 2i loading ROMs FIX! SDHC NOW WORKS!

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You should not use Link Launcher for DSCovered (it is for M3Sakura DLDI/MoonShell2). Use DScovered Alternative General Extlink Wrapper instead.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AAcrazyman said:
I have arranged it so it will work for Acekard 2.1 and 2i with SDHC cards (4gb minisd cards or higher).
Not to nitpick... but it's MicroSD.
tongue.gif
MiniSDs are roughly twice as big.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiniSD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroSD

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnniwa485 said:
hmm... i manage to work it without moonshel though

Sorry bout the double post!
.... that's very odd.... I tested it without Moonshell and it didn't work for me.... maybe it does work without moonshell.
I'll check it out in the mornin. If it does work I'll update this thread and the filetrip file, informing the populace that it'll work without Moonshell....
......that, and I'll fix my minisd/microsd brain fart! lol
laugh.gif

Night Everybody! I'm off to bed!

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
....AK has problems with Micro SDHC cards? I've been using my kingston 4gb one for like, a year with no trouble.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
choconado said:
....AK has problems with Micro SDHC cards? I've been using my kingston 4gb one for like, a year with no trouble.
I think it's more of Moonshell2 and/or DSCovered had problems loading commercial ROMs on AK2 with SDHC.

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
>maybe it does work without moonshell.
Surely does.

Actually /Games is only link file for MoonShell2.
Why don't you load /nds directly?
Because if you're using an Acekard, when you try to load an NDS file directly, in DScovered, it just goes black screen.

QUOTE(choconado @ Mar 11 2010, 04:22 PM) ....AK has problems with Micro SDHC cards? I've been using my kingston 4gb one for like, a year with no trouble.
No, Acekard has no problems itself with SDHC.... DScovered had the problems with SDHC on Acekard, for some reason.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.mediafire.com/file/egmjl23jw5l/..._environment.7z

Also please stop putting nds.*.nds in /moonshl2/extlink/ other than nds.mshl2wrap.nds as long as you use LinkLauncher.
If you continue to do so, I'll have to change mshl2wrap behavior to arrange FAT entry to make sure to nds.mshl2wrap.nds is before any nds.*.nds.
It requires moving files around, so not good for disk. Also it requires reading all extlinks everytime, so loading can be slower.

And please note using rename() in libfat can damage the disk.

AAcrazyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Xenon++!
I don't think me or anybody else have quite understood what you are trying to say....
But I think what you are trying to tell us is that the way I have set things up is hurting my microsd somehow?....

Would you like for me to edit the post, telling everybody to download your environment instead of the workaround?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So please fix two things:
1. "loader=/moonshl2/extlink/nds.akaio.nds" is written in your mshl2wrap.ini. Put nds.akaio.nds elsewhere.
2. With my loader.nds, DScovered works perfect with /nds. So don't use DScovery for /Games

Describing how to put nds.akaio.nds in /moonshl2/extlink/
In FAT filesystem, file order is the order you put files. So if you make sure that firstly you put nds.mshl2wrap.nds to /moonshl2/extlink/ then put other nds.*.nds to /moonshl2/extlink/, then it works without any problems (MoonShell2 search nds.mshl2wrap.nds before any other nds.*.nds).
But I fear that this condition is not sure. So I prohibited to put other extlinks in /moonshl2/extlink/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning