DSChess 0.4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Mar 24, 2008.

1. JPH
    OP

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    [​IMG] DSChess 0.4
    Loads of Bug Fixes
    [​IMG]

Chess game for the DS. This version is suppose to have a lot of bug fixes, and a "Human vs Human playing mode"

Changelog

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] DSChess Homepage

2. GH0ST

GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

Dec 17, 2006
    France
    I was here... before...
    Wow ! Optimized memory management and hash tables increases AI search speed by more than 50%, so this version plays a lot stronger than the previous ones

I guess the engine beats now not only all other commercials DS Chess engines but also 99% of us.

There is now a level system for weaker players, you can find it under CPU-settings. After setting the level, start a new game with New game/Start game, otherwise the engine plays stronger than suggested by the level!

The source is available also based on Fruit . FruitChess has a unique playing style making it a good addition to any chess engine collection. A new version 2.3 is now available from an alternate site also for Mac and Linux.

Thanks i will test that one now ;-)

3. GH0ST

GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

Dec 17, 2006
    France
    I was here... before...
    Sorry for the double post.

Here is a report of actual strength of DSChess by the dev' ... ELO 2270 ( tested with BT2450 ). The test consists of 30 chess positions of the different phases of a game of chess.

4. silent sniper

silent sniper !dennaB

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, Canada
    plays good, but the visuals are pretty ugly.