Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSBrowser v0.9​
08_20_08_1010.jpg
Version 0.9 is out! This is a complete rewrite due to an "uninstall" of original source (curse you uninst.exe). Alot of changes and improvements were made so take a look. I've tried to implement as many request features as possible. Thanks and hope you enjoy the update!

CHANGES
-------
Version 0.9 - 08/20/2008
-Updated GUI: Can now load backgrounds and settings from FAT
-Removed DLDS files: Can now read DLDI from FAT
-Added support for AKRPG NAND: If you have an AKRPG just boot from the SD and you will have access to both
-Added option to boot into GBA mode
-Changed/Added some controls
-Added support for MP3 playback
-Added file size display
-Added multiple copy/delete support
-Added display of copy speed
-Added display of current date and time
-The file list is now sorted alphabetically
-Renaming works now by copying file and deleting source
-Booting now works on the extra FAT systems
-Fixed pause when lid closed
-Fixed compatibility with M3/G6 Real
-Various other bug fixes

DualSlot Browser lets you copy and boot files to and from the filesystems available. That means if you have two FAT based flashcarts inserted, you will have access to both! With this boot feature you can boot into GBA mode or boot NDS homebrew files. The boot function Auto-DLDI patches for whatever filesystem its on. So if you boot a homebrew on the Slot-2 it will have access to the Slot-2 FAT. Also with the new MP3 Player feature you can build your own playlist or have DSBrowser search the available FAT for MP3s. All MP3s found will be added to a new playlist. MP3s can be played while exploring the apps features!

Suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks to all that helped!

Download
Source

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its pointless making a browser since every flash cart has one, and if not moonshell almost always takes it place.
but nice work

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chri5 said:
its pointless making a browser since every flash cart has one, and if not moonshell almost always takes it place.
but nice work

A little history for anyone who cares:

This was originally created because I wanted an application that could copy files from Slot-1 to Slot-2 thus turning the DS into a portable card reader. I wanted something like this so I could give friends some updates and new files without access to a PC. I asked Dragonminded to add this to DSO but he explained that it was impossible due to DSO incompatibility with libfat. He told me I should try to code one myself and gave me some great links to learn C/C++. I already knew a little from some classes I took in High School so it was easy to adjust. This is what has become of it since I released the first version due to suggestions and new ideas. The original idea is still there but now it's clouded by features like booting homebrew. I guess that's how projects progress when new features are added. They kind of sway from the original idea.

berry05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question...when i go to the broswer it brings me to a directory of my flashcart....why?

wait...this isnt a broswer like browsing the net is it?

Chri5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
Chri5 said:
but nice work

This was originally created because I wanted an application that could copy files from Slot-1 to Slot-2 thus turning the DS into a portable card reader. I wanted something like this so I could give friends some updates and new files without access to a PC. I asked Dragonminded to add this to DSO but he explained that it was impossible due to DSO incompatibility with libfat. He told me I should try to code one myself and gave me some great links to learn C/C++. I already knew a little from some classes I took in High School so it was easy to adjust. This is what has become of it since I released the first version due to suggestions and new ideas. The original idea is still there but now it's clouded by features like booting homebrew. I guess that's how projects progress when new features are added. They kind of sway from the original idea.
oh i was not seeing the full potential of this, sorry
i realise now that my comment was rude and useless

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried this yet. Can we "hot-swap" carts?

If not, would this even be possible to do? Have the option to make one slot the "primary" and the other "swappable" so we could remove and insert different flash carts without turning the power off.

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
I have tried this version with my M3Real and Supercard Lite, but it doesn't seem to work.

I followed the steps in the readme, but to no avail
frown.gif

" 1. DLDI patch ".nds" for your first cart. " - M3Real has AutoDLDI, so I didn't bother with this.

" 2. Get a copy of the DLDI files for your other flashcart and rename it to "dsbdisk.dldi". " - I downloaded the SupercardLite DLDI files from the download section of GBAtemp, and renamed it appropriately.

" 3. Copy it to the included "DATA/DSBrowser" folder. " -Yep. Did this.

" 4. Copy the DATA folder to the root of the flashcart you plan on booting from. " -Did this too.

And upon loading DSBrowser I am greeted with a white screen.

If I delete the dsbdisk.dldi file, DSBrowser does load. However, I can only see and access Fat:0, the MicroSD card in the M3Real.

I am using M3 DS Real Loader v4.1 X33

Any ideas as to what I can do to make this work? It is an awesome piece of homebrew, and I would find it very useful.

mute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chri5 said:
cornaljoe said:
Chri5 said:
but nice work

oh i was not seeing the full potential of this, sorry
i realise now that my comment was rude and useless

theres alot of ppl doing that on these forums. it's highly annoying. it keeps me away 90% of the time...

over opinionated users < dev that makes a 'hello world'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.