Hacking DSBoy's compatibility/rendering modes.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does dsboy allow you to "stretch" the screen as it was called on the GBA as in show the games in 240x160? I don't want to have the games being 160x140 as that'd be even worse than what I'd like to have. The screenshots look like it's literally 160x140 which is pretty crazy. It doesn't look like it's been updated in a very long time, and I don't know about goomba(the GBA GBC emulator) since I have to concatenate the roms onto the emulator and I don't know about an emulator in an emulator, with the performance that that will result in.

So to just review, are you able to play the games in "stretched" 240x160 resolution, or better yet full screen, and what's the compatability like for this emulator?

P.S. Reason why I was asking is because I know gpsp is/has always been a gba emulator only, I still do wish that exophase had added GB/C emulation support as that'd have made it one program to use to do all of that kind of games but I can understand why he never got around to it, who knows he may have planned it but gave up on it. Either way, it's in the past, and tempgba is progressing very very well.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Dont think brunni's DS Boy has been updated for a loong time. not sure if it supports screen stretching.
I encourage you to try out GameYob for GB/GBC emulation. The newest builds have zoom and full screen.
Cant not mention the Lameboy emulator also.

Reactions: Rydian

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont think brunni's DS Boy has been updated for a loong time. not sure if it supports screen stretching.
I encourage you to try out GameYob for GB/GBC emulation. The newest builds have zoom and full screen.
Cant not mention the Lameboy emulator also.
ah ok, I meant gameyob, after i posted this I learned that there was an open source emulator that was getting updated, and I forgot to update it... so yeah... thanks for the information! I'm definitely going to try it out, thanks for the information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.