GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
OP
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country

DSBoy First Release

Mateom199 has released his first version of DSBoy, a Gameboy Mono emulator for DS.

QUOTE said:
Hoping to stir up some interest in this NDS GB/GB emulator, I added libfat support to it, with a pretty rudimentary file explorer (thanks to PicoDriveDS) and adjusted a few lines of code so it will compile with DKP r20.

It seems that theres a bug somewhere in the code causing slightly corrupt graphics, I wasn't able to track it down but I haven't been looking for very long.

Unfortunately, I know little asm and even less about the Gameboy's Z80 processor, so I don't imagine I would be much help in coding speed optimizations and the such. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the the subject can help improve this emulator.

attached is both the modified source and a binary (.nds and nds.gba).

KNOWN ISSUES:

Graphics slightly corrupt

Many ROMs will crash it - tested with Mega Man 1, works fine (slow though)

ROM's must end in ".gb", spaces in filenames not tested.
  • icon11.gif
    GBADev.org Thread

download.gif
    Binaries

download.gif
    Source

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what terrible reporting. this is NOT a first release AT ALL.

someone simply took ethos' old gbc emulator (yes, I said gbc, it does more than just gb mono), and added libfat support. This is very old, like over a year, so I guess I can excuse you young noobs from not remembering it.

Ethos' website: http://ethos.oddigytitanium.com/

mcbey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On R4 it needs to be patched with Dldi and the roms need to end with .gbc , even if the are Gb mono

PS does work with gbc games

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
Could this finally be the start of a GBC emu for the DS!? Here's hoping it gets some momentum going. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: I noticed GPF has been posting, the guy behind Neopop and FrodoDS(Oh, and Duke Nukem 3D!). You never know what might happen...*crosses more fingers*
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol