DS2Win Fusion v0.82

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Doggy124, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008

DS2Win Fusion v0.82 by Doggy124 at 2:02 PM (2,007 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Doggy124
    OP

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    DS2Win Fusion is a program designed to allow you to do ALL the things you could do with your PC, harnessing the
    wireless capabilities and touch screen for maximum usability. Play movies, games and browse the net, check emails,
    the sky is the limit! All you need is a windows PC and a wireless router or card.

This is an customized build of the Win2DS client and server, both the client and server have been enhanced
    to provide new features, higher speed and service quality.

Note: This release will need to be DLDI patched before using (unless you have a R4DS like me and its done automatically)

Changelog:
    ----------

0.82 "final version"
    server - movie name and frameskip are now shown while playing movies in player
    client - custom keys are saved to memory card
    client - recompiled with devkitpro r23

Download
    source

2. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    This is a great app. A million things you could do with it.
    I used to use it start up winamp so I could go ahead and use SylphAMP on the DS (mp3 streaming) without having to get up. LAZY style.

I also experimented in remapping the keys and using this to play/control WOW on the DS. Choppy frame rate but it worked! Although I wouldn't say it was really playable...it was damn fun!
    I'm sure others could think of better things to do...someone else should share!

3. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    He he, I played FarCry using this... I even posted a video of it on YouTube. [​IMG]

Also, how do you get the keyboard to actually work. I've never been able to get the custom keys working, which ruins the point of trying to play NFS; Carbon. [​IMG]

4. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    I don't use the pop up keyboard if thats what you are asking.
    For WOW I remapped the DS directional pad to "W, S, A, D" and I also think that the keyboards directional arrows weren't being recognized correctly by the program.
    because you move with those keys in WOW...
    and I remapped A,B,X,Y to the 1,2,3,4 cause thats how you cast/actions.

You may need to go and customize the keys of your game itself to get things working smoothly.
    Either way...sounds like fun. And its an easy way to fool people into thinking something was ported to the DS...ha!

5. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    how can you save custom keys?