DS #XXXX: Sophies Freunde - Modern Dance (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by dice, Mar 2, 2009.

Mar 2, 2009
  1. dice
    OP

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    ^^ndsrelease-4591^^

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
  3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Dupe of 2723-Imagine Modern Dancer. Unless the nfo is right and the only language on the cart is German, but I find that hard to believe when there's already a multi5.

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Maybe they're a joke group? We can always hope.

5. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    And once again the NFO states the following (translated from the german NFO)

Yeah I know, pretty crappy translation. [​IMG]

6. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    "Pre:
    When a releasegroup pre’s a release, it will be available for other people and the distribution will start. Also the releasename will be registered in the pre database. When a release is pre’d, it will be seen by millions of people in pre-announce channels and sites."

Does that help? I couldn't think of how to explain it fully (I did just wake up).

7. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'd probably hit that sophie bird. [​IMG]

8. Zenith94

Member Zenith94 1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz

United States
    Hey! They moved the ubisoft logo!

9. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    dnb -> GTFO.
    Seriously, no point in doing this..just gives your group a bad rep., if you ask me

10. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I agree with jph in that it hurts the reliability of the whole system but I don't think there's no point in doing this. You know they chose not to do it independent and they want to get stuff out there, no harm in that. Coulda been 3XXX though..

11. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    This is my observation in GENERAL regarding INDEPENDENT/NON SCENE releases...

Why (Puts flame helmet and suit on) ... Do people STILL complain that stuff DOES NOT FOLLOW SCENE RULING!?

Who cares so long as its a COMPLETE FULL RELEASE that works!?

We complain that games are NOT DUMPED or NOT OUT THERE or WHYS IT TAKING SO LONG !?

Yet these Independent no named group releases are subject to being torn apart again,

But... you ALL STILL DOWNLOAD THEM .... just to come back later and complain/bitch about them!?

A) YOUR GETTING YOUR STUFF FOR FREE WHY COMPLAIN AT ALL?

B) SEE POINT A)

My advice is if you want scene dumps then wait for them and get those instead problem solved [​IMG]

YES I agree that some groups shouldn't even bother (more so if they mess things up)... but they do provide a service that many of us use and appreciate .... It's thanks to these Independent groups we get some stuff at all some SCENE groups just plain refuse to dump/release some stuff just because they don't feel like it or cba ....regardless of what people actually want!

Anyhow...

/rant mode off

This is not aimed at anyone personally I'm just giving my personal views in general on the whole SCENE/NON SCENE release issue!

(Note if mod/admin wish to split this post off and move it to Offtopic/E.O.F then please feel free to do so [​IMG] )

12. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    This isn't people being petty about groups not using 8.3 dir names or split rars. They're putting out release after release of games that have already been dumped. Can you imagine what a mess the scene would be if everyone started doing that?

I agree that people shouldn't moan about things like games being dumped late, people dumping demos, the occasional duff release that requires a repack etc but come on, this is pretty basic stuff.