DS #XXXX: PokÃmon Distribution Cart 2 2011 (USA)

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Sir VG said:
drizzt8886 said:
this doesnt seem to work for my black version. what am I doing wrong?

The distribution cart is NOT for Black/White. This works with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver. After you get the mystery gift there, you then can transfer the shiny beasts/celebi via a transfer machine you'll get in Black/White later in the game.

QUOTEBeen hunting and still cant find this. so the question i have is, can i get both celebi's or do they share the same wondercard number? anyone know?

I'm sure the Gamestop/WIN2011 Celebi will be treated the same, much like the Gamestop beasts and the Wifi version were.
I know for a fact you can't have the old Dist cart's Celebi and the EU Celebi Tour's Celebi. It's probably going to remain that way.
As I said before, the ASM at the GS I picked up my copy of White at (a friend of mine) said they never got the new distro cart. Also, my friends went to another GS to get their Celebi and they have OT GAMESTP. I wish I ask my friend if I could take a look at the distro cart, but that isn't going to happen. I'm going to be at PAX East this weekend and am going to make a point of stopping by the Nintendo booth and ask them about this (will just say I got a GAMTSTP Celebi while my friend got a WIN2011 one). If I get an answer, I will post it here.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah yeah, I didn't read the previous pages. Sorry. Now I won't miss the event!
biggrin.gif

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
gumbyx84 said:
Just a heads up: It will probably only work with US Gen IV games.
Seems to work just fine with my EU copy of Platinum, though. The mystery gift system in Gen IV works the same regardless of region, so this can be used by just about anybody, provided they were okay with the US event Pokemon rather than their own country's.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It'll work with any English Gen IV game, whatever country it's from. It's only capable of distinguishing by version (Platinum, Diamond, etc... though in this case it will send to all Gen IV versions) and language; and English games everywhere are counted as the same language.

Reactions: 1 person

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I did not know that. Learn something new everyday.

Edit: Wanted to give you guys a heads up that someone from the Project Pokemon forums has gotten word from Nintendo that both the GAMESTP and WIN2011 Celebi are legal.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...ll=1#post115414
Email from Nintendo said:
From what I understand from the product development team, both distributions are legit.

GAMESTP Celebi is being distributed at GameStops in the US.

WIN2011 Celebi is being distributed via Wi-Fi "in" Europe.

As US English and UK English game cards can receive the same distribution data, it is possible for someone in the US to get the WIN2011 Celebi, even though it's intended for Europe.

In terms of Wonder Cards they're the same Celebi, so a player that has received one won't be able to receive the other.

Hope this helps.

Take from it what you will. I'm probably still going to ask the Nintendo reps at PAX about it.

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
question...i have pokemon white on a r4 ds with latest wodd firmware...and the distribution cart in a dstt with a firmware that looks exactly the same as r4 wood...and i when i put the game to download the gift it doesnt work...does it only work on gen 4 games??

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jowan said:
question...i have pokemon white on a r4 ds with latest wodd firmware...and the distribution cart in a dstt with a firmware that looks exactly the same as r4 wood...and i when i put the game to download the gift it doesnt work...does it only work on gen 4 games??
Yes the distro cart only works with Gen 4 games. I believe this was mentioned in the thread already.

D

Deleted-236924

Keep in mind that you are supposed to start the distribution on one DS, then receive the gift with your Pokémon game on another DS.

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only Pokemon I could get out of this one is the Celebi, all the others said "Distribution not available now." I've changed the date on the DS doing the distribution to a date within range and that's all I get, except on the Celebi. Is there another way to get the others without using pokesav?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dragoon709 said:
The only Pokemon I could get out of this one is the Celebi, all the others said "Distribution not available now." I've changed the date on the DS doing the distribution to a date within range and that's all I get, except on the Celebi. Is there another way to get the others without using pokesav?

The beasts aren't on this one, as has been stated several times in the thread. This is the second distribution Nintendo sent out to Gamestops, with the WIN2011 Celebi instead of the GAMESTP Celebi that was on the original distro cart.

If you want the beasts, use this cart:
http://gbatemp.net/t272175-ds-xxxx-pokemon...n-cart-2011-usa

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TM2-Megatron said:
The beasts aren't on this one, as has been stated several times in the thread. This is the second distribution Nintendo sent out to Gamestops, with the WIN2011 Celebi instead of the GAMESTP Celebi that was on the original distro cart.

I misunderstood that sorry. Thx for the clarification.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I see there is so much debate when this came out whether it is legal or not...

I most definitely got the GAMSTP (or whatever) Celebi on the second day of the event, from GameStop.

It's strange that just because there are two versions, people are challenging if it is or not...

D

Deleted-236924

Schlupi said:
I see there is so much debate when this came out whether it is legal or not...

I most definitely got the GAMSTP (or whatever) Celebi on the second day of the event, from GameStop.

It's strange that just because there are two versions, people are challenging if it is or not...
The GAMESTP Celebi is legit, as confirmed by Nintendo itself.
They confirmed it several times, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all