M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this a firmware, a kernel, a shell ?
It is the firmware. It will only be useful for an EDGE.

What I was wondering... Does this enable Soft Reset for some homebrew like the M3 Real firmware does? For those who do not know, you can dump the M3 Real firmware and rename it to SoftReset.M3DS to enable Soft Reset in tools like Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool.

D

Deleted User

Yes you shoot the pineapples at him and hope for the best...
No real strategy though
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
not only can the 3in1 tool use dumps of some cards to soft reset, but you can from my experience boot this dumps from DSOrganise or other homebrew loaders, with the effect equivalent to soft reset. Dragonminded doesn't even need to implement soft reset this way (i recall people have asked him to implement it in the past)

also, i want someone to try and boot a dump of the cyclo firmware with the Edge card.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Comparing the boot loaders of the cyclo evo and the edge card show a fair amount of the code is the same. So i see no reason why someone couldn't run the cyclods firmware dump with the latest update.evo on their microsd and try and update the firmware that way though i doubt it'd work that easily.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Comparing the boot loaders of the cyclo evo and the edge card show a fair amount of the code is the same. So i see no reason why someone couldn't run the cyclods firmware dump with the latest update.evo on their microsd and try and update the firmware that way though i doubt it'd work that easily.
Because it will be expecting the firmware is on the built-in flash
Really small chance it will work

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

Because it will be expecting the firmware is on the built-in flash
Really small chance it will work

Then someone with a cyclods needs to dump the data from that built in flash, there must be a datasheet or something for it which tells you how to read and write to it.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It hasn't even been out for like...2 weeks and they've dumped it
tongue.gif

Like everyone has said, they don't work with any flashcart - but they're not necessarily useless
wink2.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
not only can the 3in1 tool use dumps of some cards to soft reset, but you can from my experience boot this dumps from DSOrganise or other homebrew loaders, with the effect equivalent to soft reset. Dragonminded doesn't even need to implement soft reset this way (i recall people have asked him to implement it in the past)

also, i want someone to try and boot a dump of the cyclo firmware with the Edge card.
Hey, I didn't know that! Thanks a lot for the tip! I'll probably use this a lot
biggrin.gif

Still, it'd be nice if DragonMinded could implement it. I mean, so it could use the same SoftReset.M3DS file that Rudolph's tools use, or at least another file so I wouldn't need manually going to the browser and starting the file.
Yeah, I know, I'm lazy
tongue.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still, it'd be nice if DragonMinded could implement it. I mean, so it could use the same SoftReset.M3DS file that Rudolph's tools use, or at least another file so I wouldn't need manually going to the browser and starting the file.
Yeah, I know, I'm lazy
tongue.gif

You can make it appear as an icon on page 3 of DSOrganize by creating a .DSS file (DSOrganize shortcut file) for it and placing it in the "HOME" folder within the DSOrganize data folder. You can then launch it without going to the file browser.

-Bri

Romain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Dumps of the M3 Real, the G6 Real and the SCDS1 are all useful. Dumps of Passcards and Superkeys have their uses too. There is no reason to think that this is worthless.

What are they useful for? Sorry for this question, maybe obvious for you but I follow all the news here and I didn't here anuthing about it, thanks for your light
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head