Dirtie

:'D
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is GBAtemp getting money for every one of these products sold? Seems kinda fishy how they're telling us all this info on the DS-Xtreme, and stuff like "Remember, you saw it first on GBAtemp!" and how this product is getting the spotlight where the DS Link goes unnoticed. It dosen't even have it's own forum....

Like wtf...
It's just a partnership of sorts, just like GBAtemp's affiliation with the various stores.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dsxtreememe.jpg

hikaru1

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man.. I wonder what would be the quality of this.. It has built-in USB. Wonder if it's sturdy or fragile....Cuz it never mentioned anything about the quality of the hardware...The specs is definitely good. Just the USB port I'm a tad worried.

EDIT: Funny pics by the way!
nyanya.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is GBAtemp getting money for every one of these products sold? Seems kinda fishy how they're telling us all this info on the DS-Xtreme, and stuff like "Remember, you saw it first on GBAtemp!" and how this product is getting the spotlight where the DS Link goes unnoticed. It dosen't even have it's own forum....

Like wtf...
It's quite simple really. The team behind this actually provide us with news and updates, some that are even exclusive to us. Unlike other teams, like for instance the DS Link, where the companies ignore us.
smile.gif

I can guarantee you we make no money out of any of this, but believe me I wish we did. I know this thing is going to sell.
wink.gif
Just wait until the DS-X nearers release; I think you'll all be in for a few shocks.

chadders

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this is only 512Mbit it won't be 100% nds compatable as there are already some 1024Mbit games out like rub rabbits and that and i can only see more games in the future being this size. off topic, i also watched a video yestarday of SClite in action on youtube and the guy had like 10 games or so in the bootup menu, how has he fit all these games on a 1G micro sd card if the games are a min of 256Mbit would he not only be able to fit say 4 games on there????

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If this is only 512Mbit it won't be 100% nds compatable as there are already some 1024Mbit games out like rub rabbits and that and i can only see more games in the future being this size. off topic, i also watched a video yestarday of SClite in action on youtube and the guy had like 10 games or so in the bootup menu, how has he fit all these games on a 1G micro sd card if the games are a min of 256Mbit would he not only be able to fit say 4 games on there????

It's 4Gbit meaning 512MBytes.

DS-X Guru

Part of the DS-X Team
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, i did already talk about the quality - check the DS-Xtreme section again, the info thread. It's all inthere
wink.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to be a dick or anything, but even Microsoft learned that "X-Treme" was out dated within the first month of their XP Advertising ventures in 2002.

Err..XP stood (and still stands) for eXPerience, not anything "eXtreme". They tried to sell Windows based around a brand, rather than on version numbering. Whether or not that worked out for them or not is up to you to decide - after all, the upcoming version is branded "Vista" rather than being version numbered.

All Microsoft changed during the XP period was the "Home"/"Professional" tags. With the introduction of SP2, you'll notice your computer merely boots "Windows XP", not "Windows XP Home Edition" or "Windows XP Professional Edition". Anyhow, I'm getting off track. "eXPerience", not "eXtreme".

QUOTE(id242 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:05 PM)It just seems to me, that if starting a new company, a little bit of market research on product name should have been done.

What's in a name? Who are you to decide from your armchair soapbox that the name of the product is inadequate, or that they haven't done any research? There's nothing particularly classy about M3 (Movie Player 3), G6 or Ewin 2, just for a few examples. Since the DS-X is going to be abbreviated just like that, what's the problem? As long as it works in multiple languages and doesn't mean anything silly or offensive (remember the Chevy Nova? In Spanish, No va = doesn't go, and that certainly isn't something you want associated with your car) then there really isn't a problem. If consumers will get excited about and purchase a Wii, I'm sure the DS-Xtreme will be just fine.

Note: I know doodly-squat more about the product than you or anyone else, and I care doodly-squat as well. There's just no need to harshly criticize something that hasn't even been released yet, and for the name no less. Everytime I see a product criticized on name alone it makes me cringe. I think the iPod is one of the stupidest names on the planet, yet they're so prevalent people use it in place of 'MP3 Player'. In the end it's not the name that matters, but whether or not you can generate the necessary faith in your brand (by having a good product) that will encourage users to buy it.

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
some of you are such noobs.

the old GBA carts had 256MBIT which equalled 32Megabytes. This card holds 512Megabytes which is 16 times more!

yeah that's quite the difference. Can't wait for this card.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Can't wait for this card.
Yeah, I figured that from your name. XTREEEEEME!

Not to be a dick or anything. Please stop confusing the people you call noobs by capitalizing MEGABIT and then following it up with Megabytes in small letters. Though it's not really a rule, I thought a pro like you would help out at pointing that the small letter "b" in Mb is for bit as opposed to MB for megabyte to avoid further confusion.

Anyway, nice, I should try digging up that older thread. If it is indeed durable the only thing making me think twice is the name. OH SHI-!
rofl2.gif
(just kidding, like Qrayzie said, doodly-squat do I care, I think the name's funny. It's just like the reason I got a Supercard even when I already had an M3. The awesome Boba Fett.
rofl2.gif
)

biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.