Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DS-Xtreme Launch Date Announced!

After months of waiting

DSX_Logo.gif

The DS-X team have finally announced the targeted release date for the DS-Xtreme, so here's that date you've all been waiting for:

16th October 2006
DS-X Team said:
As production reaches its final stages we are delighted to announce the much anticipated "official" release date of our new product, the DS-Xtreme. Targeted release date is now set for Thursday the 12th of October. Initial stocks are scheduled to ship out of factory on the 12th and then direct out to your favorite reseller by Monday the 16th. Demand has far exceeded all expectations, so all pre-orders will be fulfilled as a priority. If you have not yet placed your order hurry to avoid disappointment!!
So there you have it! You can expect to get your own hands on the DS-Xtreme in just over 2 weeks!

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think the Acekard looks like it's going to have more potential.

But it will be interesting to see what this card can handle once some real reviews start showing here in a few weeks.

D

Deleted User

Yes I think some hands on user reviews will make or break this card. I still don't think 512 MB is enough myself.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I think 512MB is perfectly big enough. My 512MB G6 Lite is a perfect size, I wouldn't need it any bigger.

The thing everyone wants to know though is whether the DS-X is actually any good or not. Will it fulfill the promises it made? I guess we'll find out soon.

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think 512MB is perfectly big enough. My 512MB G6 Lite is a perfect size, I wouldn't need it any bigger.

The 512 on my G6 is pretty snazzy too. But in a perfect world I'd like to have a bit more room on a Slot-1 card for my DS stuff. Then I'll fill my G6 up with roughly 500mb of GBA hotness.
smile.gif

(That is if I can even find that many worthy GBA games)
laugh.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of promotion of the DS Xtreme is this? How much euro did Gbatemp get for this? Why is Gbatemp hyping this product so much?!
You think members wouldn't want to know the release date of a product they may have ordered?

Perhaps you don't think a video showing the Acekard in action is something our members don't want to see?

Maybe we should stop posting ROM release news because we're advertising the games?
rolleyes.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It a shame no one make a slot 1 card with 512mb of memory and also the ability to add more through a micro SD card. This sounds a good product but I would say 512mb isn't enough. I struggle with my 1gb micro SD card. I'll probably wait till prices go down even more and pick up a 2gb one.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well,if this product can load a GBA flashcart into DS mode(act like a passkey) then its a must for me. My G6 will have gba roms and some nds roms while the rest will be on the ds-x.This means I will get 1 Gbytes of internal flashmemory which ensures roms will run in full speed.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
More space is always nice (especially for long trips away from your computer where variety is key). I think what I would prefer is not a microSD slot, but rather more built-in memory. A 1GB or 2GB internal device would be much more appealing because then you don't have to worry about transfer speeds or microSD compatibility isssues.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking to upgrade to a different flashcart. 512mb sounds good enough since I have a M3 CF with a 512mb card which was a major improvement from the 256mb F2A Ultra days when I can only store a few GBA games. Not sure about the lack of GBA support for this.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hopefully Acekard gives us some news soon. I'd never bother with a dsx, if I was okay with 512mb I'd get a G6L straight away instead... I like to keep 512mb free just for music since it's good enough as an mp3 player for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You snooze you don't go mental