iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
the whole 512megs thing is entirley upto personal preference, i filled my 1gig card the first day and i still play all the games on my card. so me, personally, i'd like a 2gig, but if you only want 5-15 roms at a time and nothing more, the 512megs is good enough. but i like more, alot of homebrew, ALOT of games, and some music, now if only it could get me a beer too.......

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Well DS-X can act as PassCard too, ... so I'l take that to replace my Passcard2 which I use with M3 MiniSD ..., ...and I'll have lot of space, and also ability to use rumble pack and ram expansion .....
cool.gif

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
passcard -> flashme
space -> i have 2 1gig microsd cards, one for homebrew and one for other things. 512 is just not enough. I need variety. The days where you only play one game at a time are over.
rumble card -> only drains the battery worse

Please AceKard designers, keep an eye on the power management.
7 hours of playtime are way too short compared to an original cart.

wonder how the new supercard lite rumble works with its "improved power management"

...just my two cents

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same I can easily fill 1GB easy.

Shame you'll probably never play all those games and eventually swap some of those filler games for something newer later on..

That's what happens when you keep wanting more space, you fill it up with stuff you'll hardly ever play once (like 1 time for five minutes in six months time)

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
passcard -> flashme
space -> i have 2 1gig microsd cards, one for homebrew and one for other things. 512 is just not enough. I need variety. The days where you only play one game at a time are over.
rumble card -> only drains the battery worse

Please AceKard designers, keep an eye on the power management.
7 hours of playtime are way too short compared to an original cart.

wonder how the new supercard lite rumble works with its "improved power management"

...just my two cents

Damn... 4-8 diffrent games isn't enough variety for many now is it? I remember being stuck on just contra back in the day.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you noticed that the DS-X people will just ignore questions that aren't in their FAQ. Like many people ask if there's video compatiblity, but they just ignore it. Does that just mean there isn't? I think that the DS-X people should just answer, even if it's no, to build trust between them and their customers.

Hopefully more than one person will review this at GBAtemp.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same I can easily fill 1GB easy.

Shame you'll probably never play all those games and eventually swap some of those filler games for something newer later on..

That's what happens when you keep wanting more space, you fill it up with stuff you'll hardly ever play once (like 1 time for five minutes in six months time)

The issue that stands out more for me is that games are getting bigger and bigger. 128mb games are not going to be terribly rare in not too long. Granted, there will still be plenty of 16, 32 and 64 meg games, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 256 meg game come out next year. Once that one game is out, that will fill half of your precious cart. With saves in there you'll max out the cart with 4 games.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
do you like not know how to trim?

anyways, you should have at least a slot-2 solution right now.. So this whole space issue on slot-1 is so moot, it's not even funny..

Have both slots doing something useful instead of having your slot-1 hold "ONE" game or a retarded noPass card

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you noticed that the DS-X people will just ignore questions that aren't in their FAQ. Like many people ask if there's video compatiblity, but they just ignore it. Does that just mean there isn't? I think that the DS-X people should just answer, even if it's no, to build trust between them and their customers.

Hopefully more than one person will review this at GBAtemp.

They probably don't want all the true facts out just yet. There's just too much time left to lock in some more pre-orders!

WangJang

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cant wait for a real gbatemp review of this card, hopefully it checks out ok and i am really hoping for the action replay to work with it, then its a sure buy for me.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
As soon as GBATemp releases a review and as long as the reviewer is pleased with what he sees, I'll order one right away.

EDIT: Any news on GBATemp getting their review kit? Next week maybe?

ROMz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh Gibbe me micro-sd no internal memory shyt... i'm waiting on m3's solution for slot-1 which will be the crap out of the competition
smile.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm waiting on m3's solution for slot-1 which will be the crap out of the competition
smile.gif

Actually I think there's going to be a lot less to distinguish all the various Slot 1 devices from one another than there has been with the Slot 2 stuff. Basically, the Slot 1 devices should not need to patch roms, so its down to the GUI, possibly some "added features" like pda crap I don't even want, homebrew compatibility, and whether it uses internal or removeable memory.

Well, I'm sure we'll find things to nitpick over.

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't think they will send gbatemp a review unit. Don't forget that gbatemp syops did the correct and ethical thing and let us know that DS Xtreme wanted them to write a bad review about the ninja pass. So, expect a review when they get theirs shipped to them like everyone else.

Bob

ejx982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd prefer an 8megabit DS-X (to have 1GB of space). Internal memory is great, no slow downs, but I can fill up 512MB easy. See, I gotta store the multiplayer games, plus whatever single player games I'm playing A.T.M. I have tons of breathing room with 1GB, at least 500-600MB, it's a tigther squeeze with only 512MB.

The only *real* reason to go to SLOT1 solutions is no patching, just drag/drop and good to go. If there are flaws, it's going to suck.
*Battery life*, it's gotta help battery life...

ejx982

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly, drag and drop sucks because you still need to trim roms to save added space, so that wonderful feature on such a limited space is worthless..

Now go watch World of Warcraft on South Park immediately!

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly, drag and drop sucks because you still need to trim roms to save added space, so that wonderful feature on such a limited space is worthless..

Now go watch World of Warcraft on South Park immediately!

I wouldn't go as far to say it's worthless. I mean, you are able to play anything and everything thats coming out without waiting for patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1