Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DS-Xtreme In Action

First video

A short video has just been released by the DS-X team showing the DS-Xtreme in action. The video shows the DS-Xtreme connected to an Apple Mac, loading a regular binary of the popular homebrew app 'DS Organise' over USB, which then appears to work and save files just fine on the DS-Xtreme.

The only thing that's shown in the video that concerns me is that it appears the DS-Xtreme's O/S takes approximately 5 seconds to boot after selecting its icon in the main DS menu, and the interface shown is no different to the image we showed you quite some weeks ago. Otherwise it does look quite nice!
  • icon11.gif
    DS-Xtreme In Action
Click the link above to view it, or simply enter this thread.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
:/ I'd rather have a review than a video. I thought they already shipped the review units and apparently MaxConsole already has theirs. Review! Review! Hehe....

Paladin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks awesome. Wonder how it will run in the field (once gbatemp gets theres.)

If it works as well as it looks it's a lot better alternative than a gbaflash cart (ie pass and flash.)

Anyways looks good but i hope for more.

~Paladin

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would the loading time be worrying ?

Btw Shaunj66 does it look like you will recieving the unit before the weekend, shipping date on one of the website supposedly is 20th of this month ?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Btw Shaunj66 does it look like you will recieving the unit before the weekend, shipping date on one of the website supposedly is 20th of this month ?
Shipping date will not be the 20th I can tell you that much! It's looking to be late October to be honest.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the only thing I don't like is it doesn't boot straight into the DS-X, it has to be manually done..

Otherwise, I await final verdict on rom testing, hopefully does the non-patching roms better than NinjaDS

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well the only thing I don't like is it doesn't boot straight into the DS-X, it has to be manually done..

Otherwise, I await final verdict on rom testing, hopefully does the non-patching roms better than NinjaDS

I don't think it has to be manually done if you've set your DS on Auto-Mode.
wink.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I just thought it was supposed to be also a NoPass device so it would automatically boot without mucking with any DS settings..

Hmm didn't know if was a NoPass. That would be cool since I'm also planning to get a "lite" cart. Maybe it detects if there is a flashcart in the GBA slot? (Just like FlashMe.) (Since the demo didn't have one in the GBA slot.)

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just thought it was supposed to be also a NoPass device so it would automatically boot without mucking with any DS settings..
It's a setting defaultly available in your DS-Settings, I honestly don't see the harm in switching it.
The NoPass thing is that you can boot the DS-X without the need to flash your DS or to use a MK4-Mini or something like you need with DS-Link.
Also the NoPass can be used to boot something from the GBA slot, like an M3 or Super-card.

But the autoboot is just a setting on your DS, available at Settings (The DS Icon @ Bottom-Middle on the main screen) -> Options (Purple) -> Start-up (Arrow pointing to door) -> [A] Auto Mode. This does not require any firmware changes.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I've gathered on the DS-X forums (strictly based on inferences made by DS-X folk), the DS-X begins functioning as a nopass when you "Launch" into Slot 2 mode. You wouldn't want the DS-X to function as a nopass while it was running games from Slot 1.

Bram Stoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A NoPass is basically a device which fits into SLOT-1 (DS SLOT) and talks to the SLOT-1 card data bus natively, which means with card encryption. And this in lamen terms this means it acts like a retail DS game card.

DSLink requires FlashMe to run, so I suppose it does not talk natively with card databus encryption, which does not make it a NoPass.

NinjaDS and DS-X have claimed they do not need FlashMe and therefore can talk to the card databus with encryption, and makes them NoPass devices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative