DS Xtreme - Firmware update

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by saccorator, Nov 7, 2006.

Nov 7, 2006

DS Xtreme - Firmware update by saccorator at 6:25 PM (2,574 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. saccorator
    OP

Newcomer saccorator Member

Hey,
    I have been lurking this forum for a little while. I just ordered (impulse buy - [​IMG]) the DS Xtreme so I am curious to know how people feel about it after the recent 1.0.2 firmware update. Any significant improvements that anyone can comment on? I get the impression that this cart is not all it's craked up to be, but could be a lot better now that the Xtreme team is following up on customer complaints and suggestions.
    Thanks!

2. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Yeah just search the forums and i'm pretty sure you'll find something =P Well an update was just released (beta version) a few days ago. It did have some improvments but also some downers aswell...such as animal crossing and another game not working this time...while other stuff where fixed...keep in mind though it was just a beta version. Or atleast i think it was...

3. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The updating program was a beta, but the firmware update itself was a non-beta release, the beta-release of the firmware itself was tested before and appearantly none of the beta testers tested if ac:ww still worked. [​IMG]
    Too bad, I hope they fix it soon, and maybe make a downgrader cause at the moment it's not possible to go back to 1.0.1 in which AC:WW did work.

The update did however fix other problems with saves corrupting and support for the pokémon and stuff and much more nice things which you can read about here... [​IMG]

4. SectionX

Member SectionX GBAtemp Fan

I am happy with the 1.02 upgrade. It fixed a lot of problems for me such as saving. The product can still improve a lot, but so far I am happy with it.

5. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I want to know too, are there any other games that doesn't work with the 1.0.2?

6. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
  7. iori-kyo-k

Member iori-kyo-k GBAtemp Fan

France
    Well, except for "Animal Crossing" fanboy this list is pretty impressive. 99% of supported games, that's freaking huge.

Haven't my DS-X since long so I can't tell the difference between 1.01 and 1.02, but everybidy seem to claim it fixes a lot of save problems.

8. peer1

Newcomer peer1 Newbie

United States
    hmmm...the firmware is still in beta version. You should wait until the final release so they could fix all the bugs and what not.

I always say if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I am going to stick with the old firmware for now.

9. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

the firmare is absolutely not in beta version (where did you read this?)

they are currently making firwmare 1.0.3 and I have no idea when it'll be released.

10. CacheSyntax

Newcomer CacheSyntax Advanced Member

United States
    The firmware updater is still in beta, not the firmware itself.

11. VVoltz

Bolivia
    Hi there!, well, actually I upgraded my DS-X to 1.0.2, BUT the "About" still states 1.0.1 on my DS. I didn't had any problems when flashing it.
    Since Worms actually works now, I can rest assure the process went OK, only the About screen bothers me.

Greetings!!!

12. WangJang

Newcomer WangJang Advanced Member

United States
    I would not call it 99% compatibility as nearly half the games are still untested, at the moment id be happy to stay with my g6, but i would love to move to slot-1 when i get more money.

From 677 Games Listed:

320 Tested -> Working
    003 Tested -> Not Working at All (Really its only the 3 Regions of Animal Crossing)
    029 Tested -> Problems (Slowdown, Save Issue)
    Total: 352

325 Untested
    Total: 325

320 (Working) / 352 (Total Tested) -> 91% Compatibility

352 (Total Tested) / 677 (Games Listed) -> 52% Tested
    325 (Total Untested) / 677 (Games Listed) -> 48% Untested

13. dblank

Newcomer dblank Advanced Member

You need the new skin, since the About section is hard coded to 1.0.1 in the old version.
    I think you can just delete the skin directory, and it'll load the new one automatically, but you'll need to download the new skin if you want to make any modifications.

14. KirbyPink

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    When is next firmware uptade coming?

15. VVoltz

Bolivia
    Hi!, actually no, you don't need do download anything the adjustments are really easy, you can edit this file:
    DRIVERLETTER:\skin\default\dialogs\aboutDialog.xml

DS-Xtreme OS V1.0.1
    clip
    center
    middle

There are other Tags you can atually edit like: , and , there is acutally a post on the official ds-x forum.

I really really suggest you only change the values inside the labels, or just backup your "skin" directory before making any changes

16. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    With the last two lines doing so.

Ow and to just download the whole skin:
    http://update.ds-xtreme.com/skin_V1.0.2.rar

17. VVoltz

Bolivia
    Great!!!
    I'll do that!, thanks for the link!!

Edit1: I downloaded the file, you were right, no need to modify anything. Thanks for the info!