jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
dsxlogo.gif
DS-Xtreme Firmware 1.1.3
Not An April Fools!
logo.gif
DS-Xtreme owners don't throw your cart away just yet! The DS-X Team has released a long-awaited
firmware update for their slot-1 flashcart, the DS-Xtreme.
DS-X Guru said:
I would like to take the opportunity and announce the beginning of 1.1.3 Public Beta. 1.1.3 Public Beta will run simultaneously with 1.1.2 and you can switch between firmwares as you see fit. So, without much rambling, here we go:

DS-X OS 1.1.3 Updater - Public Beta (NEW)
DS-X OS 1.1.2 Skin Files
DS-Xtreme Updater Instructions (.PDF)
DS-Xtreme Updater Instructions (.DOC)

I advise you to read the Instructions provided in order to have a smooth update procedure
smile.gif

Thanks!
download.gif
Download Locally from GBAtemp.net
icon11.gif
DS-Xtreme Official Website
icon11.gif
Source

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this just the same beta that was out/"leaked" before, or were there actual changes (beyond firmware switching) implemented between now and then?
Jaejae said:
wtf is a DS-X
It was an excellent concept which over-promised and under-delivered while being somewhat over-priced, with all evidence pointing to the possibility the project was left to the hands of under-achievers after it's initial over-hyped conception (unless you count their forum staff, they over-achieve at kick-banning for customers expecting what was initially promised, and thus get at least a 100% on that point for doing that job so well.)

I had hoped for so much more from DS-X, I'm truly glad I held off on getting such a pricey beast
frown.gif

late edit:/ I just wish they would open source the bloody thing, and leave it to real amateurs. That would at least give retailers a reason to have a fire sale of whatever stock they are currently stuck with.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cory1492 said:
Is this just the same beta that was out/"leaked" before, or were there actual changes (beyond firmware switching) implemented between now and then?
Jaejae said:
wtf is a DS-X
It was an excellent concept which over-promised and under-delivered while being somewhat over-priced, with all evidence pointing to the possibility the project was left to the hands of under-achievers after it's initial over-hyped conception (unless you count their forum staff, they over-achieve at kick-banning for customers expecting what was initially promised, and thus get at least a 100% on that point for doing that job so well.)

Yes and they even told for gbatemp.net to report any ds-x owner that came here asking for help that if they did come and ask for help that their customer service be disbanded from them.

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, when I asked for a review unit they asked "If they could get my personal information for insurance reasons". I still think they might kill me cause I said it sucked. Probably cause they sent me a defect review unit though.....

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I bought a first-gen DS-X and I continue to use it to this day. It works beautifully, runs every application I want to use (yes, I have to patch with arm7, but really, a monkey could figure this process out, it's no hassle), and has proven itself countless times over to me. Couldn't be happier with it. Yes, tech support blows, but that's the company. The device itself is perfectly fine.

My question here is . . . what's everyone's problem with the DS-X? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smartass, I genuinely want to know, why do you folks hate it? Did you ever even use it? What makes all the other cards "better?"

And please note, if you desire to reply with some stupid "Heh-heh, loozer n00b like DS-X OMGWTF!!??!?!!!11" please, spare me. I have little tolerance for trolls.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Batman1701 said:
My question here is . . . what's everyone's problem with the DS-X? Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smartass, I genuinely want to know, why do you folks hate it? Did you ever even use it? What makes all the other cards "better?"

Just try any of the other (main) flashcards and discover for yourself.

On to the topic: this public beta is *exactly* the same as the leaked one.

Just in case they are reading this: PLEASE INCLUDE AN USER OPTION TO DISABLE THE SAVE COMPRESSION.

Batman1701

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kazumi213 said:
Just try any of the other (main) flashcards and discover for yourself.

Not an answer. Question still stands.

EDIT: I did read your whole bit about the save compression problems in some games. Yes, this is annoying, but if you know about the problem going into the game and just stick to playing that game through to completion, it's not a major problem.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman1701 said:
cory1492It was an excellent concept which over-promised and under-delivered while being somewhat over-priced, with all evidence pointing to the possibility the project was left to the hands of under-achievers after it's initial over-hyped conception (unless you count their forum staff, they over-achieve at kick-banning for customers expecting what was initially promised, and thus get at least a 100% on that point for doing that job so well.)

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Batman1701 said:

All other Slot-1 cards are OS independent, ... DS-X can be flashed only from Windows connected to net without any proxies ... and since they were the first "real slot-1" card and first who didn't need any patching of ROMs they promises Mac OS X and Linux app for firmware upgrades, well that newer happend... (and patching newer worked with any emulator or virtualizator, ... ok Linux user could install Windows on another partition, but PPC Mac users cant, ...also they recomended instaling Windows just for upgrading theres products .... LAME...)

Also on theres forum you can't give critics and report errors with ROM's (without mention ROM or name of the game, but sugesting that there is something wrong with ex. #0345) without getting ban, and/or they delete all posts with critics about they support and products (argumented critics, not n00bish ones which should and was deleted)

I had first batch, ... card is OK, support sucks alot... now I have CycloDS... working on Mac OS X without any third party software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte