Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

We are reviewing the DS-Xtreme!

Review should be available today!

We are happy to announce that we have received our DS-Xtreme 4 Gbit (512 megabyte) unit today! We are currently in the process of writing the review of it. The review should be available later today.

dsxinhand1.jpg

So far, we can tell you that we are extremely impressed! At the moment all we've tried works flawlessly, all the features announced work and there's even more to discover (extended skinning capabilities, superfast transfer speed, single card multiplayer working great to any DS...) !
Feel free to ask any question in this topic and make sure you read our review this evening!

Edit: the DS-X team have allowed us to host a skin file for you to toy with it and look at the possibilities of the skinning system. You can download the skin file here.

Edit 2: look at the pic below!
dsxskin.jpg
Doing this was as easy as opening the notepad and typing some text! Also take a look at that video, made by a member of the DS-X team using the DS-X skinning engine!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And image with gbatemp.net written on a piece of paper next to the product packaging, that must prove it because nobody can fake images. : D (Just playin')

Anyways while I'm not that likely to purchase this cart at any time in the future I still wouldn't mind at least reading the review so I'll be sure to do that later today.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's 4Gb (Gigabit). That's 512MB (Megabytes).

And anybody that feels they need more than that are tools as far as I care. 512MB is enough to hold 8+ games in most cases still.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hope this cart has no slowdowns or longer loading times at all. Something like loading areas in Mario & Luigi. I know you all will test just the usual games like Castlevania, Metroid etc. but Mario & Luigi will be my personal speed test.
biggrin.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
i heard that you can use clean dump rom on this sweet gadget.
are you able to play online without having to flash ur ds ?

yes, drag&drom of clean dump roms from windows do work fine.
Online gaming works fine aswell.

So far the only concern we have is that SnezziDS and SNemulDS (the two SNES emulators) do not function.
They both freeze on startup (SnemulDS keeps repeating a message "Initalizing FS..." and SnezziDS shows white screens).
edit: nevermind that, our mistake

QUOTEI hope this cart has no slowdowns or longer loading times at all.
Games boot up instantly and there is absolutely no slowdown even in the Castlevania intro movie!
We have just tested it and it worked great. So did Ultimate Spiderman, Pokémon Dash...

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello it's really nice that you're providing these "on the fly" information updates.
That said if it is detracting from your reviewing speed, STFU and get the pen to tha MF paper!!!
lecture.gif

...um
wtf.gif
...sorry about that.

I don't know why I'm getting so worked up over this cart.

Oh, yes I do
wink.gif
it's all these amazing things you keep going on about it doing!

I think I'll have a little lie down now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O