DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Here's an idea that I'm sure will never be possible, but its worth throwing out there. Could we use this card in slot 1 along with an M3 or other device in slot 2 in order to link DS games from this card to a GBA rom being played off the M3?Â

Like I said, sounds kind of impossible to me, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Not impossible

I bet this setup will work PERFECT when using DS-X in combination with FA or F2A (Ultra), or most older flashcards for GBA, reason, most of these carts when flashed only 1 game boot 's the game asap, no multi loader, this methode worked perfect when using an AR or other cheat device, so it should work perfect to link up, i'll try that as soon as i get my hands on a DS-X

(This means DON'T trow away your old GBA only Flashkits)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're ROM is actually 300Mb, will it count as 512Mb or 300Mb in the DS-Extreme?

Edit: Where's the best site to buy this in the U.S? I think Foundmy is out of stock.

WangJang

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cant wait for this review, i dont know if we are allowed to request, but i would love you to be able to test a action replay if you can get you hands on it.

Also like DjoeNtje said, if you happen to have a old f2a lying around please test that too hehe
smile.gif
that would be sweet.

Siouxsie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since they reported that ROM trimming works, it should only take up the space it actually takes up.. I don't think the memory is divided into clusters..

But then again, I'm not the one with a DS-X ;p

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Yes the review should be up in one hour or two. Is that soon enough ?
nyanya.gif

We're doing our best and try every possible feature (all we're able to try)

QUOTE said:
have you tried multicart multiplayer with the DS-X and a real cart? I'd be very interested to see the results of that.
New Super Mario bros multicart multiplayer mode works fine with 1 real cart and 1 DS-Xtreme
smile.gif

Oh and we're not going to be able to try every single DS homebrew, this would take too long. We've already tried the top 10 homebrew games already...
And a lot of commercial games aswell. This is time sucking.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Nice to see that the DS-X team finally released their long-waited product. Why I don't think slot-1 devices > slot-2 devices:
1) The so-called "clean rom support" is not 100% true,and it has nothing to do with the kit being a slot-1. its case is similar to the illfated MK3, which patch roms-on-the-fly, because there is NO WAY POSSIBLE for the game to read its data from the DS-X card without patching, and the same case goes for saving data to the DS-X card too. So theoretically, if SC/M3/ teams get to work a little harder, they might as well make this magical solution with a whole lot more of coding:)
2) No 32 MB of RAM == no support for advanced homebrew functions, that programs like DSLinux and MoonShell(and probably more to come) are using this RAM for complex things(such as a gui in DSLinux)

That said aside, I still think the DS-Xtreme will be a great product
biggrin.gif

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just stop replying to the ppl whining here
wink.gif
nyanya.gif
sure they could have made a revieuw 5 minutes after they got the box..

This is how it would be:

~~~~
Yehaa we just got it !!!111

The box is very shiney, it fits in the ds and it boots !! oh yeah we played 5 seconds of mario kart

score 11/10

the end..
~~~~

If i read all the previus post they tested like 15 games on it and a lot of homebrew stuff + switching stuff on and off the card also takes time
wink.gif
Just give em some time
smile.gif
after the revieuw you can start bugging em or even better the ds-xtreme forums with unawnserd questions
wink.gif

PS: Ignore the spelling im not a native English speaker or whatever you call it

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
About the skin system, I just made this quickly by editing one of the XML files in the /skin/ folder
DSCF0011.JPG

It is absolutely fantastic.
You can indeed code applications for the DSXtreme OS!

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we absolutely sure that it patches them on the fly rather than just not patching them at all. What does the DS-X team have to say about it?

NinjaFish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we absolutely sure that it patches them on the fly rather than just not patching them at all. What does the DS-X team have to say about it?
It doesn't patch anything at all. You copy files over using a standard drag & drop operation. There's no intermediate software like the M3 Game Manager or the like to do any patching.

Jangie

Trophies
XP
Country
NinjaFish, Paralel isn't asking whether it needs an external program to do it, but whether the card itself does any patching at all.

NinjaDS (I think that was the name of it) is another slot-1 solution that did have to do patch-on-the-fly in order to work correctly, if I'm not mistaken.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
do you guys think we could hope for a video review?
We don't have a decent camcorder so we'll be using a mobile phone camera (you'll see it in the DS lite screen / mirror glass
tongue.gif
)
but yeh we're trying to add videos of the DS-Xtreme in use.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think gbatemp need to redefine their definition of the word "soon"
I think you need to say what you mean! You have a problem?
They get the cart and the review isn't up 10 hours later and you think that isn't "soon" enough to be called soon!?

Gee guys, hurry up and finish that review as the first time posters are getting angry!
rolleyes.gif

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I point to my preivus post ~_~

Do remember that most of the crew if not all are from the UK if i look at their profile which means its 00:24 over there right now and im pretty sure the revieuwers also have a daytime job
wink.gif
Cut em some slack
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways