DS-Xtreme 4 Gbit in hand!

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why people are so insistent on getting just one slot solution..

Why not get both so more memory that way for your gaming and multimedia/app/emu needs..

I mean a DS-X and a cheapass Supercard Lite Rumble is great for those only looking for DS only activities

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download play works. Thus, it is better. That's it, end of story.
Which brings me to this question, since a selection of games already work with Download Play on the EZ4 and Supercard (Tetris, Brain Training and quite a lot of 3rd party games), were ones known never before to work tested, i.e. New Super Mario Bros. or Mario Kart?

Thanks for all the questions you're answering, you're being very informative.

cyesergio

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i guess so mate but really if i did lists the bad stuff about a M3 and it would happen to be fact and not opinion then people would really stay away from the M3 as it would be seen as too expensive for what it is capable and not capable of doing

cyesergio i am not 12 yr i am 15 and secondly mar77 though that the M3 was better than the DS-X in some ways so i listed 2 games that were not fully working on the M3 the way they should be.

LOL dude my post wasn't directed at you, look at my post! i was talking about this mars guy!

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ultimate Spider-Man (U) works but is buggy.

Spyro - Shadow Legacy (E) but is laggy

the ds-x works with those two i could go on about the cons of the M3

go on!

mars

Not to butt in or anything...but dude seriously how old are you? This thread is about the UPCOMiNG DS-X review...you don't even have one yet! Yet you come in here and bash the card like it raped and killed your fam!
Maybe this card isn't your cup of tea but obviously there's a market for...
You just seriously exposed yourself as a 12 year old.

carry on...

my age doesnt matter, but you seem to be unable to read what i have written.
with no single word i bashed the ds-x.
i said why i wont get one (not booting m3/supercard, 4gbit is not enough for me, too expensive for what is has to offer).
with no single word i said the m3 actually is better than the ds-x.
for ME it is. cheaper, almost perfect compatiblity, perfect support from gbalpha. thats it. make sure you understand what i actually have written next time before you bash ME.
you act like if i said "ds-x suxx, m3 FTW!!!1". i didnt.

mars

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Whether you like it or not depends on the person. For some it sucks and for some it rocks. Too bad for you if you think that someone is wrong.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well, DS X-Treme is out of the game for me. Frankly, I got spoiled by the extra RAM in SuperCard/M3. And besides, it doesn't have expandable memory. I'd buy it if it had a microSD slot and at least 16 MBs of RAM for homebrew like DSLinux (when you can listen to MP3s, use IRC, surf the net, view the images and write/read eBooks at the same time, you won't want to use anything else anymore, even if it does have a GUI
rofl2.gif
).
Therefore, I ordered a M3 Lite yesterday. Still anxious to see the review though.
smile.gif

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it sure has been entertaining watching the fanboys spring to the defence of their respective flashcarts, but the point they are missing is that this is the first cart that is claiming to run CLEAN NDS roms (ie no patching), and is therefore far superior to anything else currently on the market.

Sorry dudes but ya'll been pwned!
nyanya.gif

Personally I'm more than happy with my "obsolete" EZ4 lite
wub.gif
, but I am suddenly getting a bit tempted by the DS-Xtreme as a backup.
unsure.gif
(Best of both Worlds.
wink.gif
)

Anywayz can't wait to read the review.
grog.gif

Hurry up Acekard!
bow.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when a slot2 cart is being used while the ds-x is in slot1, the ds-x is only acting as a nopass, correct? I mean, it doesn't suck whatever is in the slot2 cart up into its own memory to run it, does it? My SCLite would run the same as always, I just wouldn't need to carry another passme device around because the DS-X takes care of it.

Is my understanding correct?

I'm kinda split b/n getting one of these, or just buying SCLite for now and letting the dust settle and buying DS-X later (or AceKard, or whatever).

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the "test team" know yet that whether the games are patched while they are ran? So you might have to upgrade the firmware for the newest titles every now and then. Or have they gotten around that as well?

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont see the advantage over other cards, fine, you need no patching, if a game doesnt run simply update the firmware...
wink.gif
here's two major advantages I see when comparing to my M3SD

1. don't have to patch games. the fact that there will be firmware updates is the same as M3 (although the fact that it already plays the latest roms and M3 doesn't, suggests there will be far fewer updates for the DS-X). The difference, is that when you load a new firmware onto the DS-X, you don't have to repatch all your roms like you do with the M3. Having to repatch the roms is a major nuisance and I only update the firmware about every 4th revision because of it.

2. download play works with unflashed DS's. I no longer need a flashed bios to play multiplayer which was the only reason I had a flashed bios. That means I can now play with my friends who don't have flashed DS's. That also means I never have to worry about nintendo blocking altered bios's from Nintendo WFC, or the Wii (not that they ever will...but there's been speculation).

These two things alone are enough to get me to buy their product. To me, they far outway the price (although M3SD+SD card is the same or more) and the limited 512MB space. Granted, I certainly won't be getting rid of my M3, because I will still use it for gba. But for playing NDS games, it looks like it will be all DS-X.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont see the advantage over other cards, fine, you need no patching, if a game doesnt run simply update the firmware...
wink.gif

here's two major advantages I see when comparing to my M3SD

1. don't have to patch games. the fact that there will be firmware updates is the same as M3 (although the fact that it already plays the latest roms and M3 doesn't, suggests there will be far fewer updates for the DS-X). The difference, is that when you load a new firmware onto the DS-X, you don't have to repatch all your roms like you do with the M3. Having to repatch the roms is a major nuisance and I only update the firmware about every 4th revision because of it.

thats not right. you can update as often as you like and dont need to repatch a single rom. they all work fine after updating.

mars

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It'd be cool if the DS-X has an option to trim the roms for your inside the OS rather than get us to do it manually..

And also generic IGR like how XBox does it, but that's firmware (or dashboard?) based so I don't think it could be pulled off with the DS

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's an idea that I'm sure will never be possible, but its worth throwing out there. Could we use this card in slot 1 along with an M3 or other device in slot 2 in order to link DS games from this card to a GBA rom being played off the M3?

Like I said, sounds kind of impossible to me, but figured I'd ask anyway.

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well its impossible since the DS-X(or the NDS card) will not detect the GBA game,it will just detect the M3;however,you can use it with real GBA games.(or GBA flashcarts that doesn't include a multi loader and starts directly the game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?