Hacking Ds-x zelda problem solved

blackcrest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sigh i dont know is all the ds-x user is lazy or just dumb... or BOTH

Sorry for being a little bit offensive... but the problem of zelda exist across all of the other card... be it m3 or r4 or anything... i kinda agree with the bad customer service of ds-x though... but the card itself is good quality (mine anyway) and play all the games that i download. next time a game doesn't work check this site FIRST! http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/DSX_compatibility_list

enough of the rant: here is the solution

1. download arm7 gui
http://m3.omgrofl.com/files/patches/gui_arm7.zip

2. get arm7.bin
http://ds.loathsome.us/files/arm7.bin

3. patch the zelda rom using the program... ZELDA WORKS NOW

This is the only way other card can play zelda too now... it is a problem with lot of new nintendo games since they use arm9 instead of the normal arm7 which ds-x, m3, r4, etc work by

and for fuck sake people... do a little bit of research before badmouthing anybody or company.. including ds-x... sigh these internet people get on my nerve sometimess

sorry for the rant... but i just need to let it off

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er....the R4DS didn't need any ARM fix to run Zelda.
blink.gif

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS-X is the only flash cart that has the amr7 problem. Every other flash cart on the planet had a firmware patch out within 3 hours of the JPN Zelda release. We've been waiting 3 months because "The DS-X Team will not rush a patch just to make a bunch of pirates happy."

tomseng

Trophies
XP
Country
The DS-X is the only flash cart that has the amr7 problem. Every other flash cart on the planet had a firmware patch out within 3 hours of the JPN Zelda release. We've been waiting 3 months because "The DS-X Team will not rush a patch just to make a bunch of pirates happy."

Which I think is totally legit...they did advertise that the DS-X is not solely for the purpose of playing ROMs or something like that

besides, once you get the arm7 fixed, it's all hunky dorey!

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS-X is the only flash cart that has the amr7 problem.  Every other flash cart on the planet had a firmware patch out within 3 hours of the JPN Zelda release.  We've been waiting 3 months because "The DS-X Team will not rush a patch just to make a bunch of pirates happy."

Which I think is totally legit...they did advertise that the DS-X is not solely for the purpose of playing ROMs or something like that

besides, once you get the arm7 fixed, it's all hunky dorey!

That's odd. When I bought mine, it was advertised as "Highest Clean ROM compatibility on the market." Why does the DS-X have EEPROM memory? Homebrew doesn't use EEPROM memory.

Every ROM out there has a header that marks it as definitely not homebrew. The Datel Games N Music cart refuses to run ANY commercial game. Now, if the DS-X wasn't made for playing ROMs, why does the it automatically recognize which ROM you are running, so that it can emulate it with the correct settings? Why doesn't it refuse to boot when a commerical ROM is detected? That's strange behavior for a cart that was only intended for homebrew...

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This whole ds-x issue is getting so old. I'm still running firmware 1.0.2 or whatever it is. It's complete bullshit that I need to get zelda, put it on a flash drive, go to my moms computer(im on a mac), take the game apart, replace some files, put it back together, finally onto ds-x.

We all know why these carts exist. For anyone here to say they ONLY bought it for homebrew is lying. I'm sure there are a few people here, but most of us bought our carts for one reason. The DS-X crew obviously made these carts compatible with roms, there is no denying it. They can all they want. They're a USA or Canadian company, so I understand they gotta protect their asses. But they can't play us for fools and try to backpedal now that we have them in our hands, saying they're not made for roms. I think they're all playing us for fools. How long can they post on their forums that their working hard on this and the reason they can't post on the forums is because their hard at work.
Rabid1 said:
Would people rather have the developers and programmers here[ds-x forums] or working on issue?
If you give a room full of monkeys a computer and a ds-x they could have gotten the firmware updated by now. Seriously, it's hard for me to believe they're still working on one update. And from what I've read elsewhere on the forums, the next firmware will only address bugs, nothing new for us, just bug fixes. And for anyone who went through the last firmware, I remember that firmware causing more bugs.

Really, in all honesty, I rarely even play my dslite anymore. I have a wii now, it's been summer, so I'm outside on the lake or at the skatepark, keeping busy. But the rain is back and I'll be getting my fingers busy on the controllers. I wish this wasn't a big deal. I'd try and make 25% of my money back and get a real cart, with real updates, from real people. Not this charade I'm playing along with. It's gonna be great when we hit the one year mark and the same jokesters on the forums are telling us there is no time line and to be patient and that a firmware update is just around the corner for all your homebrew needs.

And all you ds-x fanboys, please come over from the forums and flame me for all the flaming I just did. I think anyone who spend $125 on the product has a right to vent like this. I used to be somewhat of a fanboy myself. Don't believe me? Here is a blog I started, with tuts and other goodies. Quickly lost interest on that. ds-x is love blog. But really, I have an iphone too and just like everyone who has that, waiting for these damn updates and people get heated. Seems like every update is just something new for apple to make money off of us. Ringtones, thanks apple, oh, $2 each, yeah right. Wifi store, thanks apple, we can buy songs from you while we're away from our computer.

Yeah, end rant I think. Just needed to get it off my chest. I have no job right now and lots of time on my hands. I know nothing I say here is going to have any effect on this so called ds-x programming team. You know, maybe after the ds-x had us all fooled and we made them a few thousand, they were bought out by monkeys and now they're actually in a room with a ds-x trying to program and they're just waiting for the nicest of nice bananas and for every thread/post like this one I'm about to post, sets them back another week. So the way I see it, we're in for one hell of a ride.

have a good weekend my friends...

quote reference....

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you give a room full of monkeys a computer and a ds-x they could have gotten the firmware updated by now. Seriously, it's hard for me to believe they're still working on one update. And from what I've read elsewhere on the forums, the next firmware will only address bugs, nothing new for us, just bug fixes. And for anyone who went through the last firmware, I remember that firmware causing more bugs.

Agreed on that. Fanboys keep up with the "Don't rush the team" BS. If they are the last cart maker to fix the arm7 problem, how can anyone possibly be rushing them? Everyone operates under this fantasy that there is a team of devs working 8 hours a day Monday thru Friday on this firmware for the past 3 months...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then