Hacking ds-x slot 1-2 combo

julien148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, I got a ds-x and im looking forward to buy a cart for the other slot. I would like to use it for Internet browser and use couple GBA games.
yaynds.gif

What is the best I could buy ?? (from divineo usa/canada if possible)

thx

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The EZFlash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack is the best option. You can only have 1 GBA game at a time flashed to NOR or loaded into PSRAM (3 in 1 has 2 GBA modes), but it's well worth it.

It also has RAM for the Opera browser and rumble for some games (like MPH).

Edit - Don't know about Divineo, but Dealextreme sells them for around 19 dollars. It takes a while to ship though.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3-in-1 is the cheapest option, not the best option.

The best option is the EZ4 Lite Deluxe. It can do everything the 3-in-1 can do (except rumble), plus it can launch some *NDS* ROMs that the DS-X can't. It has more NOR memory, allowing you to have 2-3 games loaded in NOR at once. It uses a separate MicroSD card to store games and saves.

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The 3-in-1 is the cheapest option, not the best option.

The best option is the EZ4 Lite Deluxe. It can do everything the 3-in-1 can do (except rumble), plus it can launch some *NDS* ROMs that the DS-X can't. It has more NOR memory, allowing you to have 2-3 games loaded in NOR at once. It uses a separate MicroSD card to store games and saves.

Yes, I meant cheapest, but it's the best and cheapest option for him.
laugh.gif

Well, I just don't understand what ROMS the DS-X can't run. The DS-X has 100% ROM (excluding homebrew) compatibility. If you mean Sim City, Hoshigami and Zelda, those can be patched using an old ARM7 file from the JPN version of Hoshigami. So they do run, they just need patching.

julien148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thx for the replys.

I think i will put some money for it but i will check the chipping $ too. Need to be near canada.

i got a second question now, If i can only load 1 gba game at the time, is it possible to load another game without plug the slot 2 cart(ez3in1) to the computer ? ( like using ds-organize to move files from slot 1 to slot 2 )

sorry for my english
huh.gif

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thx for the replys.

I think i will put some money for it but i will check the chipping $ too. Need to be near canada.

i got a second question now, If i can only load 1 gba game at the time, is it possible to load another game without plug the slot 2 cart(ez3in1) to the computer ? ( like using ds-organize to move files from slot 1 to slot 2 )

sorry for my englishÂ
huh.gif

No, no, the EZFlash 3 in 1 does not connect to the PC in any way. It does not use removable storage. Instead, you keep your GBA games in your DS-X in a folder called GBA, in which you should create another folder called SAVE. Now, using Rudolph's 3 in 1 Tool, you can flash a game to NOR (only if it's bigger than 16MByte, you can flash any game to NOR but it takes a long time and the benefit is that you don't need to always load it, it's there if you take out the DS-X and boot from SLOT 2), or PSRAM (volatile memory while loses all info when DS is switched off, therefore needing to always load a game to PSRAM when playing, takes very little time to load, but only games up to 16MByte.

Expansion RAM and Rumble is in another mode of Rudolph's tool.
smile.gif

Edit - You must also patch the games with GBATA first before playing them otherwise they will not save correctly. Games with a 1024Mbit FLASH save type must be patched with EZ4 Client instead (for all others, use GBATA).

julien148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thx for the replys.

sorry for my englishÂ
huh.gif

No, no, the EZFlash 3 in 1 does not connect to the PC in any way. It does not use removable storage. Instead, you keep your GBA games in your DS-X in a folder called GBA, in which you should create another folder called SAVE. Now, using Rudolph's 3 in 1 Tool, you can flash a game to NOR (only if it's bigger than 16MByte, you can flash any game to NOR but it takes a long time and the benefit is that you don't need to always load it, it's there if you take out the DS-X and boot from SLOT 2), or PSRAM (volatile memory while loses all info when DS is switched off, therefore needing to always load a game to PSRAM when playing, takes very little time to load, but only games up to 16MByte.

smile.gif

Edit - You must also patch the games with GBATA first before playing them otherwise they will not save correctly. Games with a 1024Mbit FLASH save type must be patched with EZ4 Client instead (for all others, use GBATA).

Seem perfect for me. For the price it will do the job. Thx Brutalboy.
Buying

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thx for the replys.

sorry for my englishÂ
huh.gif

smile.gif

Seem perfect for me. For the price it will do the job. Thx Brutalboy.
Buying

Ok, just remember you will have to wait a bit for it to come - DX's shipping is not that fast. It's reliable, though.
wink.gif

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, I'd really like to buy this 3-in-1-thing ....
RAM, rumble and gba game in one thing is so great. If I only had a DS Lite .....

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Really? There exists a phat version of it (with 1:1 funcionality?)
I checked some shops and only found a lite version.

I have to check again, thanks
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1