DS-X official forum BUG reporting thread bursting

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Hanafuda, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Hanafuda
    OP

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It looks like a LOT of people got their DS-X today and you know what -- all is not well. I'm sure most of these bugs will get sorted out, but these threads that popped up today don't paint the picture we were told to expect:

[​IMG]

This is why I'm not an early adopter. Like I said above I'm sure these problems will be resolved, but I think I'll wait and see.

2. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    And now we sit back, and get to see how good their software team really is.

3. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Woe is me, oh Hanafuda. Thine wisdom is great, thine disciple I am, forever in Your debt. [​IMG]

4. Hanafuda
    OP

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

haha. smartass. [​IMG]

5. SectionX

Member SectionX GBAtemp Fan

atleast they seem to care about the issues. They have set up their own support system where you can submit your problem.

6. Paralel

Newcomer Paralel Advanced Member

United States
    It will be interesting to see how quickly they respond to major bugs. I don't think the Pokemon D/P save problem has been rectified yet, I guess it wasn't as simple a fix as they thought it would be...

7. deathspawn999

Member deathspawn999 GBAtemp Regular

i post over on that site quite a bit. most of those people are idiots. 95% of the "problems" there are problems that i have with official games, with a never been hacked, never had non official product in slot1. the cards dont seem to fit 100% in, and you have to find a "sweet spot" for it to work. im going to take my ndslite back and get a new one, and hope the same thign doesnt happen.

its not as bad as that forum makes it out to be. hell, one of the "bugs" is a bug found by the lead engineer, who posted it, and then said that he had a fix for it and would be in the firmware update. people were saying that they never experienced the bug he found.

8. nathan

Newcomer nathan Newbie

United States
  9. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Bad. My DS-X just shipped today XD

10. daty2k1

Newcomer daty2k1 Member

France
    I just got mine yesterday and everything works as expected [​IMG]

11. jessking

Newcomer jessking Newbie

United States
    Now I'm truly worried! According to them: "Yes the general case mold quality has me concerned as well, I will be very honest about this. For this reason we have already action changes to the quality control at factory. We have also sent a very strict warning to our plastic mold supplier, and in fact already started dealing with a 2nd plastic case mold supplier to ensure a competitive advantage exists for the betterment of our end user and product."

But, I gotta say: How should I know when this "warning" will take affect? Will the 2nd batch be a "better" batch? Who knows?

I understand that early adaptors have to bear more risks than followers and that's why I placed my order just 3days ago. However, I would now recommend those who havn't ordered just wait a little bid longer or a week to see if the 2nd batch is getting better in terms of quality.

I believe the DS-X team will fix all the problems asap, since I've ordered already... [​IMG]

12. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Pray my friend, pray. [​IMG]

13. XmemphistoX

Member XmemphistoX Advanced Member

United States
    Anyone get Mario and Luigi PIT working? I just get blank screens. Everything else works though.

14. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    2nd batch units are almost always better than the original roll out units. Most updates (be them hardware or software) are made for progressive reasons.

15. SectionX

Not working for me either. Please submit this problem to the DS-X crew...

16. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    So much for 100% compatibility.

Guess I'll wait for AceKard.

17. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Good luck with that.

Expecting true 100% compatibility right off the bat is extremely demanding.

18. SectionX

Agreed. I believe they will sort out the problem with the firmware update. Right now I know 2 games that doesn't work and they're both Nintendo games (not surprisingly)

19. dreadyz

Member dreadyz GBAtemp Regular

France
    Mario and Luigi Partners in Time works eventually. You'll get two white screens for two or three minutes and then a message saying something to the effect of don't turn off the DS. That will last a couple of minutes, but then it'll work. I actually figured the rom I put on the cart was corrupt, but when I tried another version, I decided to wait and see if it would ever load. When i realized that it was the same sort of game as the other Mario and Luigi game for the GBA, I deleted it, so I don't know if it has a save file problem or not.
    The only other game I had trouble with was Nintendogs....... I tried three different versions, but I always get a corrupt save file.

20. XmemphistoX

Member XmemphistoX Advanced Member

United States
    Yeah if my saves are empty on children of mana, it has an error msg of it being corrupt. Thank sfor the info on Mario and Luigi. Does it make u wait 3 min every time?