Hacking DS-X not 100% COmpatible

ace205wkd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received DS-X couple of days ago and was absolutely thrilled and satisfied until my backup image file froze during game play. I tested some others and found out while most work, these files below either froze during game play or would not start:

Phoenix Wright - froze during Larry Butz prosecution
Nintendogs Dalmation - constantly crashes
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2 - doesn't start

Homebrew [Comicbook DS] - doesn't start

at first I thought any image file over 64mb did not work but some of other files work. I'm wondering if I received a defective unit or if this is a compatibility issue. Can anyone test above roms and let me know?

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Tested it and all works fine for me. Maybe you just got unlucky. Also with a "ace" in your name it wouldn't suprise me if you're some sort of Acekard spy trying to discredit DS-X. Humans can be terrible creatures indeed...

Hairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe we should make a stickied thread listing all the DS roms by number from first to current, with how compatible they are with the DS-Xtreme. Of course, it would have to take a collaborative effort by multiple people
ohmy.gif
I'd contribute if i had a DS-Xtreme >_

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am curious as to why anyone would want a DSX....I thought the whole reason was since it was slot1 based we wouldnt have to wait for patches however one of the first batches of games since its release (Tony Hawk) Doesnt work so is the DSX any better really than the G6/M3/Sc, ect?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am curious as to why anyone would want a DSX....I thought the whole reason was since it was slot1 based we wouldnt have to wait for patches however one of the first batches of games since its release (Tony Hawk) Doesnt work so is the DSX any better really than the G6/M3/Sc, ect?

Some people just have to be early adopters. It goes both ways. What if the DSX was the all-powerful card? The X users would be saying "why isn't everyone switching?"

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know why almost everyone wanted it before release, but now, i really don't get it...

originalself

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
according to people in the tony hawk thread the DS-X does work. It seems to the only thing playing it right now.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

according to people in the tony hawk thread the DS-X does work. It seems to the only thing playing it right now.

Yep, Tony Hawk works just fine on the DS-X. That's why you'd want a DS-X, no need to wait for patches like everyone else is doing right now. Of course a new firmware update to clear up older game compatibility issues with the DS-X wouldn't go astray at the moment.

originalself

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yep, Tony Hawk works just fine on the DS-X. That's why you'd want a DS-X, no need to wait for patches like everyone else is doing right now. Of course a new firmware update to clear up older game compatibility issues with the DS-X wouldn't go astray at the moment.
That's awesome. Mine will be shipping early next week I hope.
yaynds.gif

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys are too quick to bash the DS-X. Mine does not crash during those games. Tony Hawk works. Why are you all spreading false rumors? It is true that its not 100% compatible, but that was already known with the GBATEMP review. The only one that dosen't boot up is Pokemon Diamond. I've tried around 100 of em so far and they all boot fine - No crashes. There is still room for improvment, a big issue right now with it is some games saves always report as being corrupted. But thats a minority of them so stop making it sound like the DS-X is crap. Especially if you dont own one for yourself to actually have a hands on experience.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Show me one DS cart that are 100% full working compatible.
Impossible.
Show me the first generation GBA flash cart that are 100% compatible.
Impossible.
Sooner or later, somebody will dump a new game that no slot 1 cards will run at first.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Show me one DS cart that are 100% full working compatible.
Just to quibble, but haven't pretty much all of the cards basically said 100% compatible before they launch? I mean, technically they could be talking out their arses saying 100% compatible with games, or simply talking along the lines of "try this hardware in every DS you can find, it will be compatible." I personally don't have or intend to get a DS-X, but is the hardware not 100% compatible with the DS? (yeah, I'm saying its their PR guy spinning words, just like other certain 3rd gen CF/SD devices were going to work with clean ROMs - they do, but only after you patch them of course)
rolleyes.gif

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they took their mouth to full.
i dont understand the "9.5" review either, i smell something very fishy here.
the ds-x runs less games, less homebrew than m3 oder supercard with latestet firmware. so why did it get the highest score of all flashcards here on gbatemp.net? i dont know. its not the first slot1 either. and its much more expensive. i dont get the point.

mars

squigglyspooge

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been in touch with the DS-X staff about the issues I have been having with my DS-X (somethings work on one ds but not the other, some things dont work at all other things work fine) apperntly the new firmware coming out will fix these problems.

A test to see if your card is bad - fill it up with mp3s and let it play them for a long while. This will basicly access as much of the memory as it can, if it hangs you have a bad card, if it works fine then you might just need the firemware flash.

http://support.ds-x.com/ - if you want to submit your issue to them.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, alot of people are getting pretty paranoid here.

There are no "spys", "fixed reviews" or any crazy shit like that. GBAtemp reviewed and said to you EXACTLY what their product did. If DS-X are having production and/or manufacturing issues then it's up to you to report it to THEM, not to GBAtemp. GBAtemp does NOT make the DS-X or any other flashcard, so what the hell do you want them to do about it? Personally I think most people are acting like spoiled little brats, too be honest. "WAAAAA THIS BRAND NEW GAME THAT ISN'T EVEN OUT YET THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN PAID FOR DOESN'T WORK!!!!!! FIX IT FOR ME NOW WAAAA"

I'll say it again - GBAtemp rated the DS-X on how *their* DS-X performed. Just because yours doesn't doesn't mean you should go around slaughtering their reviews and complaining there isn't 100% compatibility. Just be freaking grateful you have a flashcard and don't have to spend your earned money on 600+ games you have access to.

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
The DS-Xtreme, in my opinion, was way overhyped for what it is. The developers made it seem as if it was the holy grail of flash carts - full homebrew support, drag-n-drop interface, no need for patches, etc, but alas it's not to be.

What we have here is a horribly designed product (read the DS-X support forums about the people actually padding the unit with pieces of paper to make it fit), a bunch of useless features (dancing leds? ugh), and, perhaps worst of all, compatiblity which falls short of what was promised (again, read the horror stories on the forums about people having trouble running homebrew.)

My advice, stick with the tried and true devices, whose developers actually have experience in NDS flash cart field (M3 team, SuperCard, heck even EZ4.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr