DS-X is a piece of Sheet?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Topfragger, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2008

DS-X is a piece of Sheet? by Topfragger at 10:57 AM (3,968 Views / 0 Likes) 35 replies

1. Topfragger
    OP

Member Topfragger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Well if this has already done then it needs to be done again.

DS-Xtreme was a piece of garbage! why? because the team that made it didn't give us any bloody updates no new Roms were compatible because of this and their support was rude, just check out the GBAtemp re-evaluation on the DS-X review.

I have a friend who has one, Stefan Ribera (dA artist very good one too) and he had allot to complain about regarding the DS-X
    usually anyone who reported a problem with ROM compatibility or any glitches all they got in response was "If it doesn't work too bad"

and the DS-X team has now launched the DS-X 2GB (No it means 2 Gigabytes not Gigabits their not lying this time)
    and everyone remembers how expensive the original DS-X was (Almost as much as a DS lite itself)
    if the new model is going to be anywhere near that price then really the DS-X is a laughing numbnuts joke who in the heck wants 2GB for a high price when G6 real has more value, but yet again....

it's still cheaper to get a new gen Slot 1 that is micro SD based 2GB cards are already cheap as chips and the 4GB cards are just going to keep going down in price, with SDHC cards compatibility who needs to upgrade their card anymore? just upgrade your microSD
    with the DS-X if you wanna upgrade its like with a Mac throw out the old and buy a new for just as much.

no simple getting a bigger card....

Sucks huh? and from what i saw DS-X team never apologised for ripping people off and snubbing them off when they needed help, never saying
    "sorry everyone we are currently having troubles with firmware because of blah blah we will keep you up to date on our stats"

though it sounds more like they never intended to make it an evolving card they just made it for MONEY and leave

2. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    The DS-X is not shit. Its team is.

3. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    "Share you experience as of late"?

Unfortunately, nobody has any experience "as of late". Actually, that's more like a fortunate thing, because everyone here already knows it's a hunk of garbage. The team behind it is useless as well, and the earlier adopters have all learned their lesson.

So there you have it [​IMG]

Yes, the DS-X is shit, because the team made it that way [​IMG]

4. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    The team is shit, and thats why the Card itself it now shit, because its been stuck in a rut with no updates and no new compatibilities updated.

i feel sorry for Stefan [​IMG]

5. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Im sorry Topfragger but all your information is very much wrong and out of date. For one thing since 1.1.3. was released the DS-Xtreme has enjoyed 100% compatibility, the team listened to their loyal customers concerns about a lack of updates and released that new firmware which subsequently defeated all other carts available to buy on the market. The team also listened to people when they said "Hey team DS-X 512meg is an epic amount of internal memory to have, but once in a while i wish i had a teeny bit more" the team could have gone about that the lazy way, of making the Xtreme use over priced and impractical memory cards, but decided it would go against their ethic of top quality, industry leading flagship innovation, so they released a 2 gig version!!! (which is more internal memory than any other flashcart, no team has been able to replicate this feat)
    Another thing the GBA temp review of the DS-X is woefully out of date now, I take it upon myself to write a new review I think, yes I shall start work on that project immediately so keep your eyes peeled friends, I will tell you exactly how the team p0wned all man and animal in the flashcart business!
    You also make claims that the Xtreme is overpriced compared to an inferior cart with a micro sd card, you seem to fail to understand that you get what you pay for and the Xtreme since its release up until this day remains the number one, most technologically advanced DS media enhancer on the planet!!!
    So you want the team to apologize for what? Being the best? Having the best card on the market? Working hard on a firmware 1.1.3. that has set new standards in the industry? Is that ripping people off Topfragger? Building the best most advanced card on the market and quadrupling its capacity because YOU demanded it and charging a fair price for that card?

I rest my case, another for the p0wned list! [​IMG]

6. throwingks

Newcomer throwingks Advanced Member

United States
    ^ The team never released the firmware. DS-X Guru did it on his own. 1.1.3 is the private beta that the team let out, but DS-X Guru made it public.

Apparently, even he got tired of the shenanigans.

7. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    DS Xtreme being the only card maker to have 2GB of memory?

The G6 real has 1GB and 2GB models and isn't too badly priced even for AUD standards.

Micro SD low quality? HAH! BS!!!!
    Kingston and Sandisk and Toshiba make some of the best cards!

DS-X listened to their customers? is that they they were rude to them and banned them on the forums for asking about firmwares?
    they only ever really released 2 at the time of the re-evaluation.

COUNTER OWN, DOUBLE OWN UNLIMITED OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!! *Bell rings and confetti falls from people chucking it with buckets*

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    Oh and Cyclo DS is the best Flashcard ever,
    team Cyclops is European and are the exact opposite of Team DSu-X

having no NAND flash memory is good it cuts costs, and buying your own MicroSD card is nice,
    seriously 2GB now is old, non expandable in NAND and makes the flashcard cost more than a TTDS with a 2GB card.

and besides you can choose a cheap simple Micro SD or go for the more superior quality cards like Kingston if you wanted, so it's in your hands and you can expand the memory when you want.

i think this guy must be employed by DSX to try and shoeshine their bad rep.

9. bazzi_h

Member bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    A fair price! Its cheaper to buy the Supercard DS1 and a 8GB memory card, and you buy an acekard RPG with an 8GB card for around £10 lower in the UK. Both of which are of higher quality, have better features and of course have a great team behind them.

10. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    Hey Dad what do you think of DS-Xtreme?

T-Guy: Uhhhh.... i don't know who that is..

it's that flashcard which costs loads of money and ended up being a waste of money

T-Guy: FUCKIM! HE'S AN ASSHOLE! HE WONT WALK 1 MILE IN MAH SHEET! FAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Topfragger: Sheet... SHEET... DS-X is SHEEET!!!! HAHAHA ROFL!!!! FAAARRRRRKKKKK WOOOTTTTT [​IMG]

p1npong: You again? Hmmm I think that last p0wning to the head may have done permanent damage!

Topfragger: HEHEHE SHEET I PLAY WITH A SHEET CART!!!! WoO000TTTTT MUMMY TUCKS ME IN SHEET!!!! HWAH (fark) HWAH LOLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ [​IMG]

p1ngpong: Oh my good lord, that smell, are... are you covered in.....

Topfragger: SHEET DADDY!!!! Look I put a sheet over my DS......

p1ngpong: [​IMG] ummmm

12. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    Apparently the witless wonder above has lived under a rock so long that he doesn't know anything about Tourettes guy.

13. MrSpud

Member MrSpud GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    TopFragger, please take some time and follow the link in my signature, now you know what we all think. P!ngpong, we are getting sick of you hi-jacking threads and trying to turn them into flamewars for your entertainment, you were told (on the DS-x forum) to keep your mouth shut by the mods themselve, why don't you take that advice and use it here. You were also accused by a mod of being a troll here on this forum, that's two for two.

On the Ds-x forum the mod said "I am not sure how familiar to forums you are, but your posts pretty much asked for it. When someone goes over the top with praise it can kind of be a slap in the face to people with issues"

On this forum the mod said "Trolls don't want to win arguments with valid points, they want to stir things up for their own amusement by posting things that they know will push people's buttons. Thanks to everyone that took the bait this troll has succeeded."

There you go, do not feed the 12 years old troll, unless you're planning to update your signature [​IMG]

Edit: Having the name of a mod in your "P0wned" list is beyond stupidity...

14. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    DS-X ftw!!!!

jk

G6 ftw!!!

not jk!!!

15. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Mr Spud if you are going to quote rabid1 at least quote the man in full

"While your exuberance is funny you have to understand those people have legitimate complaints and problems that have been ongoing. There are a couple of jerks who got banned from here and love to play flameboy any chance they get but mostly just some justifiably frustrated people. While I do know the situation is being worked on there is no known timetable and that on top of everything else just makes it difficult.

As far as getting lynched over there, I am not sure how familiar to forums you are, but your posts pretty much asked for it. When someone goes over the top with praise it can kind of be a slap in the face to people with issues."

So where exactly was I told to shut my mouth? Was it before or after I was praised for being exuberant and funny? Or was it after rabid1 warned me to beware of genuine flameboys who create multiple accounts (you) to try and stain the reputation of the most entertaining, wise and respected member of this forum(me)? And as for "P!ngpong, we are getting sick of you hi-jacking threads and trying to turn them into flamewars for your entertainment" People demanded my return to this forum to save it from fading away! People know p1ngpong is the TRUTH and he is the number one most entertaining member of the DS-X forum on GBAtemp! You just cant take the fact that a young child p0wned so hard and embarrassed you in front of the whole population of the internet! (multiple times [​IMG] )

And as far as a mod here calling me a troll he just cant take the fact that he was p0wned the hardest out of all my victims! (apart from you of course) [​IMG]

16. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well to each their own.

I went from the DS-X to the Acekard RPG and the difference is massive. I love having the onboard memory same as the DS-X (one gigabyte for the RPG) along with the SD slot for any card I want to add to it. It's convenient for me, I can keep all my emulation and homebrew stuff within the onboard, then use the SD card just to carry whatever games I feel like.

It's also nice finally having the features like cheats and soft reset that the DS-X outright refused to even consider. I suggested these back in Jan or Feb of 2007 and my request threads were deleted (guess which mod took offense).

And the open source is something the other cards can't boast, it's what guarantees that the RPG will never end up like the DS-X because somebody could always just pick up where they left off. I was looking through the source the other night because nobody has yet implemented a feature to toggle cheats within the GUI. It's going to take a lot of familiarizing myself with their code first, I'm going to need to understand how they construct a menu and use whatever IO library to open+write the existing .cc file plus the basic legwork writing the functions to accomplish it all. But still, it's nice to even have the ability.

The skin is also very intuitive, where the DS-X uses an unnecessarily complicated system the RPG simply has bmp files on the card used as the resources, so creating your custom skin is literally as easy as knowing how to use any graphics program from MS Paint to Paintshop Pro. So again, it's not just the matter of how much better the support and features are, but how much power they give the customers to tinker with it all and release their own menu loader, their own skins, etc.

17. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    DS-X is a piece of shit, no one can deny that fact.

LOLOLLOLOLOL p1ngpong is back.

I don't see ANYONE who thinks DS-X is good, other than you. Also, you didn't p0wn anybody, because you couldn't prove them why other carts were inferior, other than the fact that "It uses a micro sd card", and uses a hardware that's "not as good". What's so good about it, hmm?

Also, you're a great troll, I'll tell you that.

18. Topfragger
    OP

Australia
    HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT TOURETTES GUY? EVEN I KNEW OF HIM AND I'M NOT EVEN A REAL FAN OF HIM! AHH SHITE! AAAH F*** NOO WAY! YOU BE WALKING A MILE IN MAH SHITE!

AAAASSSS! I HATE HIM! HE'S AN ASSHOLE!

19. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Hi dib, EXACTLY my friend! "to each their own" it was nice for at least one person to just put their positive experience with another card forward without having to resort to attacking me, character assassination, and without the need to use filthy underhand Ossama Bin Laden tactics (Mr Spud) just cos they cant take being defeated by a tiny innocent child!

One slight thing I feel I should mention and that was the excellent point you made about the open source code for your cart, as you are all aware there was an active open source project coming along in these forums. Unfortunately it had to die because the DS-Xtreme team are still very active and trailblazing new frontiers in the DS media enhancer industry daily! 1.1.3. ensured the death of that project as it resulted in the DS-Xtreme being 100% compatible and futureproof, and ensured the Xtremes title as KING of the flashcarts remained! And no man or potato can deny that FACT!!!!

p.s. Oh wait that rpg cards only got a gig onboard memory? Pfffttt DS-Xtreme got two so p0wns that garbage.

p.p.s tourettes is a serious medical and psychological condition that blights the lives of sufferers so I choose to not make fun of it, I guess Im just mature like that, these poor people deserve their dignity and I shall donate a DS-Xtreme to their foundation to ease the suffering and help anyway I can!

20. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Take it easy, we all know that p1ingpong is a troll and that his arguments suck, so if we all just leave him alone he'll be gone soon enough.

And my friend still uses his DS-X, he regret buying it but he doesn't really care. It kinda works good most of the time, but I wouldn't say it's future-proof, even the R4 is more future-proof than the DS-X.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.