Ds-x Ideas

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by thefoxhole, Oct 24, 2006.

1. thefoxhole
    OP

thefoxhole GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2006
    United States
    I just had a question about the Issue on size. Would it be possible to get a slot 2 card and have the ds-x access it like an external harddive or possibly move files back and forth from the ds-x to the slot 2 memory. Or am I just making things up?
    Thanks,
    Fox

2. rice151

rice151 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2006
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'm not that knowledgeable in "the scene", but if I'm correct, the best the DS-X can do for Slot 2 is just boot it up. I remember one of the DS-X admins mentioning this type of question and that kind of emulation (Running Slot 2 files through the DS-X OS) is near impossible. What you CAN do, is use DS-X as a PassMe and load up say a G6 Lite, or another card that needs a PassMe to boot.

3. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Canada
    Home, WhereElse?
    Its quite possible, but the state of the current FAT drivers for most of the slot 2 cards may not make it simple at all - unless they make their own slot 2 adapter to work specifically with the DS-X (thinking rumble/RAM/sd slot - the SD slot strictly to stow more data on to copy to the DS-X or RAM as needed).

Now on to the other thought: starting a DS game/file directly from such a device (without using RAM or DS-X as storage) would be tricky indeed, especially if they didn't make the adapter themselves, though judging from the current info on DS-X their coders have jumped far bigger hurdles than this.

4. thefoxhole
    OP

thefoxhole GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2006
    United States
    So there is hope!