thefoxhole

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just had a question about the Issue on size. Would it be possible to get a slot 2 card and have the ds-x access it like an external harddive or possibly move files back and forth from the ds-x to the slot 2 memory. Or am I just making things up?
Thanks,
Fox

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not that knowledgeable in "the scene", but if I'm correct, the best the DS-X can do for Slot 2 is just boot it up. I remember one of the DS-X admins mentioning this type of question and that kind of emulation (Running Slot 2 files through the DS-X OS) is near impossible. What you CAN do, is use DS-X as a PassMe and load up say a G6 Lite, or another card that needs a PassMe to boot.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its quite possible, but the state of the current FAT drivers for most of the slot 2 cards may not make it simple at all - unless they make their own slot 2 adapter to work specifically with the DS-X (thinking rumble/RAM/sd slot - the SD slot strictly to stow more data on to copy to the DS-X or RAM as needed).

Now on to the other thought: starting a DS game/file directly from such a device (without using RAM or DS-X as storage) would be tricky indeed, especially if they didn't make the adapter themselves, though judging from the current info on DS-X their coders have jumped far bigger hurdles than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol