DS-X Files

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Darkerside, Jun 16, 2008.

Jun 16, 2008

DS-X Files by Darkerside at 11:00 PM (1,862 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Darkerside
    OP

Newcomer Darkerside Newbie

United States
    I do not know a lot about coding or programming but would the files used to program the DS-X from the unit itself be of any use to anyone looking to open source the DS-X OS? They are very different from the .bin file that is used in the updater. I have access to these files and would be willing to get them to anyone who might be able to put them to use. I also have a couple of different updater executables that were for running the update froma PC directly without the net download and I dont know if those are that different from the net version or not.

Also is anyone hosting the actual update files for the various versions? I ask because I noticed the domains for DS-X are up next month and if they do go down there would be nothing left. I know the haters would say good riddance, but it would be a shame for any body who hadn't updated yet. The DS-X works perfectly for me after 1.1.3 for what I need but I would like to think some codey genius type might be able to come up with something. [​IMG]

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    It will be almost impossible to open source an OS if you don't own it...

3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Didn't the open-sourced DS-X cancel?

And sorry OP, but there's not that many people in the world who still likes their DS-X. Maybe P1ngpong, when he's trolling.

4. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Didn`t p1ngpong turn not evil?

5. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    It appeared that he was trolling. He can do that again whenever he's bored.

6. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    WTF people? I keep saying the DS-Xtreme is a fail card, all these rumours of me trolling and masturbating are completely untrue, can just one day go by were I dont get my character attacked on this forum! [​IMG]

As for Darkerside's question, just give up and flush the Xtreme down the toilet man, its only polluting your DS with its horrible fail incompatibility, horrible fail support, and dont try and tell me those LED's it has arent the most pointless fail feature in gaming history! [​IMG]

7. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia

Sorry about that didnt think its considered trolling and flaming ffs! [​IMG]

8. Darkerside
    OP

Newcomer Darkerside Newbie

United States
    Little kid I am just trying to see if I could help those people who still have them. Maybe some day if I ever suffer a catastrophic brain disorder and am no longer able to wipe my own ass I will take your advice. Don't assume to tell me whether or not something works for me. I just wanted to see if anybody could do anything with some files the group never released publicly, while it was still in developement and it's early stages.

9. MrSpud

Member MrSpud GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well, have you read the thread on the open source? It's the one from reveng, a little further down the page, it as a lot of information you may want to read, this is beyond me but I hope it helps a little. And yes, July is coming up and I got my finger crossed that DS-x goes "bye bye Kansas", not because of the hate but because idiots still get tricked into buying this obsolete product. Good luck !

10. Neuromancer

Newcomer Neuromancer Member

United States

11. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    What censorship issues? I never heard about this.

DSX was one of the most hyped cards ever, IIRC. Seems sad this would happen to it.