julien148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi.
I asked in a previous post, which slot 2 combination should I use with my DS-X to use internet browser and use some gba games.
The Expansion Pack 3 in 1 has been the one most recommmended.

I just receive my 3 in 1 and now I dont understand at all. I realize by myself (and read some post) that you can't use rumble+ RAM with a DS-X
blink.gif
I feel a little bit stupid about it.

So, is it possible to run a patch version of the browser or use another version of 3 in 1 tool to get that damn rumble menu ??

I use:
- 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool v1.9 (2007/6/21)
- DS-Xtreme 1.1.2 - 16Gb

And for the saving of games in NOR memory. How patch the rom correclty to get the save game to work ? I got GBATA and there are many pacthing menu. ( IPS Patcher, SRAM Patcher,Fix Overdump...)

Yeah Im a noob
wtf.gif
...and sorry for my english

julien148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible for brutalboy to give me some help or tips about it ?
I'm glad of my 3 in 1 cart but I just want to know why u told me it was a good idea to get it for the RAM expansion ( internet browser )and that is its not compatible with my DS-X.

Is it only a mistake or there a way to activate that rumble + ram menu ?

Thx
smile.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, sure, I'll try to help.

Let's start with the "GBA games not saving" issue. Load up GBATA and a GBA rom. Look at the SAV info. If it says 1024Mb FLASH, then you'll have to patch it with the EZ4 Client. If not, we can use the SRAM patcher to patch the game.

Now open up Rudolph's tool. Press L and R to navigate between the 3 modes. Only NOR and PSRAM matter to us right now. If the game you have is OVER 16MB (megabytes!), then you'll have to use NOR. If it's 16MB or smaller, it's best to use PSRAM because the loading times are much faster, but you'll have to load the game to PSRAM every time you want to play (it takes around 5 sec, aprox.). NOR takes more time, but as it's memory is NON-volatile (which means it doesn't lose data when the game is turned off), the game can be played when you turn on the DS without having to load it again. Both modes will backup saves automatically IF patched correctly with GBATA or EZ4 Client.

Let's move on to rumble. Now, there have been reports it works without needing to activate it by just loading up a rumble-supported game, but I'm not sure about that. Anyhow, the DS-X does not support soft-reset so if rumble needs to be activated via menu, it won't work.

Expansion Opera RAM. It doesn't work, at least not natively, due to lack of the soft-reset feature, but Triforce's patched Opera ROM should detect and work automatically with it.

Hope I helped.
smile.gif

Any questions, respond back.

julien148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx Brutalboy !!!!! . I searched with the infos you gaved me and I finnally make it work with the CZ-031P patch from the Destructobot post.
yaynds.gif

have a nice day
smile.gif
smile.gif

(i can't active rumble in any games)

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No problem, I'm glad you got it to work.

As for rumble, you'll have to wait for the DS-X to support soft-reset to enable it. But trust me, it isn't that great.

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
you'll have to wait for the DS-X to support soft-reset to enable it.
haha....good joke
Theres news 2 days ago about a new firmware 1.1.4 but they dont talk about it much. Maybe the soft reset will be available ? ...
the seam said implementing a soft reset function is really really hardly going to happen because the ds-x OS turns off when an app is loaded so it cant enable any functions, and since it only is a 1.1.4 which means only a bugfix, i wouldnt expect any new features

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone knows if someone upgrades from a ezflash 4 to a 3 in 1 + ds-x combination, is the save files for gba, on the ezf4 compatible with the 3 in 1 ? I dont wanna loose my progress
tongue.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They could add features like soft reset and cheats, but it would require rom patching which I believe they have previously claimed to be adamantly against doing even when it's at the behest of the user. Unless they change this philosophy (and good luck trying to get them to do that when they clearly don't listen to their customer base) it's just not going to happen.

jmm0070

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
if u want rumble feature, just get the rumble pck that comes with metroip prime pinball, it is the beas rumble pack(since its the official one, duh) and it works perfectly with dsx and any roms in it. I use a classic ds, so the ez 3 in 1 will not work in my ds, but all gba packs dont stick out. however pls tell me if there is one of these ram and flash memory cards with original gba size which works with the old ds then pls tell me!!! btw, im posting this from my ds in dsorganize's web browser :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs