Hacking DS-X and Zelda:PH Compatibility

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
True about Zelda, if the US release doesn't work the DS-X team will really have to make an update fast enough, they took like half a year to make Animal Crossing work after the first update.

To be completely honest with you I don't wanna get into a discussion, because I respect most people opinions, I think I have purchased something that has been really useful to me for the last months, I love my DS-X, the money is gone, so I have nothing to complain about, it was a lot, but it was worth it.

Probably I will get a new slot-1 solution this year only if the DS-X really lacks support from its team. What I do regret from other slot-1 thingys is the fact that in most of them only 60% of download play works correctly.

All this rant because for a change 1 frickin' game doesn't work??!?!?!?, and it is even in Japanese?!?!?

I am a DS-X owner for more than a year now and all I have to say to you is:
I play a lot more with my PSP.

Besides? what is Zelda anyway? just a pitiful pile of lies...
err.... wait, that is Dracula's definition of a MAN....

Not its not just this one game. This is the straw that broke the camels back basically. Ive tried again and again to justify me paying for this but I just cant do it anymore. It was such a waste of money, money that I wont be able to get back. I even overlooked their messed up firmware that ruined my Pokemon Diamond save(over 14 hours of playtime).

Oh and Zelda isnt just one game, its THE game for the DS. Its the heaviest of the heavy hitters for the DS.

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I can say is for anyone ever looking to buy a chip for the DS, DON'T get the DS-X. It is a headach with eveything. ESPECIALLY for the initial price of near 150$ for it, for 512mb.

Get one of the newer cards, I purchased 2 R4's both work great came with 1gb for under 45$ cdn (each). From Dealextreme.

The advantage to the DS-X I have found is ONLY the download play. Anything and everything else is simply just found the same or better on a differnt card, i.e. R4.

The updates are pretty lacking, and almost no care for updates of what the 'users' want.

Love to see support eventually for Sim City, and if this is a new way of save games for the DS, they will have to get movin on it.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
All I can say is for anyone ever looking to buy a chip for the DS, DON'T get the DS-X. It is a headach with eveything. ESPECIALLY for the initial price of near 150$ for it, for 512mb.

Get one of the newer cards, I purchased 2 R4's both work great came with 1gb for under 45$ cdn (each). From Dealextreme.

The advantage to the DS-X I have found is ONLY the download play. Anything and everything else is simply just found the same or better on a differnt card, i.e. R4.

The updates are pretty lacking, and almost no care for updates of what the 'users' want.

Love to see support eventually for Sim City, and if this is a new way of save games for the DS, they will have to get movin on it.
What the hell are you talking about? It's 110$ for 2GB.

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What the hell are you talking about? It's 110$ for 2GB.

Well back when it was being pre-ordered and to canada it was 150$ cdn. from FoundMy. whereas R4 is 40$. quiet a difference.
so... that is what i'm talking about.....

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
lol they're so lame. my thread got deleted on their forum for saying i regretted buying their card. Freedom of speech FTL

hicpotboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I, for one, don't regret buying mine. I haven't had any problems with it, other than the odd unrecognized card time every now and then. I fail to see the problem you guys are making it out to be; patience isn't that hard to come by, and there's plenty out there to keep you occupied until they manage to fix it. Granted, I was waiting for this game, too, but it's not worth all the bitching, just because the game doesn't work instantly.

I can see why they don't allow talk of ROMs. They're North American based, and they can get sued into oblivion for supporting talk of ROMs. Nobody wants that.

A patch for 2Mbit saves will come out soon. 'Till then, keep your pants on and don't burn down the house.

jayx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, for one, don't regret buying mine. I haven't had any problems with it, other than the odd unrecognized card time every now and then. I fail to see the problem you guys are making it out to be; patience isn't that hard to come by, and there's plenty out there to keep you occupied until they manage to fix it. Granted, I was waiting for this game, too, but it's not worth all the bitching, just because the game doesn't work instantly.

I can see why they don't allow talk of ROMs. They're North American based, and they can get sued into oblivion for supporting talk of ROMs. Nobody wants that.

A patch for 2Mbit saves will come out soon. 'Till then, keep your pants on and don't burn down the house.

Come soon? The last REAL update for anything came months and months ago. Even there newer firmwares just break stuff left and right. The problem is WHEN is it going to come? In a timely fasion preferably but I doubt that knowing their rep.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol they're so lame. my thread got deleted on their forum for saying i regretted buying their card. Freedom of speech FTL
cake taken
rofl2.gif

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
can't believe after this time people STILL defending ds-x
rofl2.gif

It's been said time and time it's a POS, and people are stubborn

and it's a save size issue, what makes people think zelda US will work?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not going to defend them, but I'm not going to judge them because they don't have an update out in 24 hours for Zelda. Now if there isn't one in say a week? Well that'd be a way different story.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
A week? We are talking the Ds-X company here. It will be a month or 4 until they give us a new uptade that "might" fix the M2 save files. IF we are lucky.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...and yet this product gets a 9.5/10 rating from this site's review. To me this kind of support will be enough to bring the score down to 7.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...and yet this product gets a 9.5/10 rating from this site's review. To me this kind of support will be enough to bring the score down to 7.
It's already been mentioned that new scores are on the way I believe.

And about the DS-X team taking a month or 4, I'm trying to be a little optimistic. As I was suggesting earlier, it's hard to judge and slam a company just because an update didn't come out 24 hours after a game or two came out that doesn't function correctly on their card. Even if they haven't had the best track record. This goes for any group and their flash kits and remember, there are a few more notorious companies that have provided MUCH worse support. I still say give them 5 to 7 days before you pick up the pitchforks.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

It's already been mentioned that new scores are on the way I believe.

And about the DS-X team taking a month or 4, I'm trying to be a little optimistic. As I was suggesting earlier, it's hard to judge and slam a company just because an update didn't come out 24 hours after a game or two came out that doesn't function correctly on their card. Even if they haven't had the best track record. This goes for any group and their flash kits and remember, there are a few more notorious companies that have provided MUCH worse support. I still say give them 5 to 7 days before you pick up the pitchforks.

i agree Ashura and the ds-x team have been hit with serious bugs thats why they are a bit behind at the moment give the guys a chance.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't comment on these games, because honestly, I can't read Japanese and I can't imagine SimCity being enjoyable on that small of a screen - again, I could be wrong, but yeah...

I can speak on the DS-X however, I have the second batch, and after the initial trimming of the plastic to get the thing to recognize... then having certain saves magically becoming corrupt (now both of those items are fixed...)...

I don't know. The DS-X cost me around 130$USD to get it shipped way back when. And it's been a trooper for the most part, but when my roommate showed me his R4 that had double the memory, a skinning feature that was easy to use and had hundreds of skins for less than half the price of my DS-X, I started getting pissed.

The ROM discussion makes sense, they are a US based company, and there isn't really gray area for the official forum of a flash card company to be saying that they advocate or support ROM usage. That's why we have this site. If GBATEMP started selling flashcarts, I think you'd note an imminent closure.

Moreover, The DS-X team I think got over their heads quickly. They should have fixed all the issues with the first 512 card before pumping out the 2g to competition. I realize they already have my money, but it wouldn't kill them to you know... support those who already purchased the product. I had a product ticket open for weeks before the save corruption issue was even officially NOTED by the team, much less resolved. But I digress...

The DS-X team needs to be aware that they are not even close to being the best flash 1 cart out there. They were I believe the first all-in-one slot 1 solution, but they are not the only one, and certainly are rapidly falling down, due to SLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOWWWW updates. They are secretive about release dates, firmware upgrades, even changelogs... Why? Their competition isn't going to beat them to anything, because they already have. And meanwhile the FPFPGA processor or whatever the heck it is that they initially raved about... Has never actively been used in ANYTHING. No one can even tell me exactly what it COULD do either. Like I said previously though, they already have my money, so it's sort of a moot point, but know this, if my DS-X died tomorrow, I won't replace it with another one, I'd look for another solution.

teonintyfive

Trophies
Website
ispeelgood.trap17.com
XP
Country
Greece
I, for one, don't regret buying mine. I haven't had any problems with it, other than the odd unrecognized card time every now and then. I fail to see the problem you guys are making it out to be; patience isn't that hard to come by, and there's plenty out there to keep you occupied until they manage to fix it. Granted, I was waiting for this game, too, but it's not worth all the bitching, just because the game doesn't work instantly.

I can see why they don't allow talk of ROMs. They're North American based, and they can get sued into oblivion for supporting talk of ROMs. Nobody wants that.

A patch for 2Mbit saves will come out soon. 'Till then, keep your pants on and don't burn down the house.
+1, you got me covered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.