Hacking DS-X and Zelda:PH Compatibility

jayx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously Zelda does not work the with DS-X. I tried to get some answers over on the DS-X forums but BOTH of my threads were deleted within a span of 2 minutes regarding the situation. I dont know why they are so uptight about rom talk, since their product is AIMED at using roms. It seems that their Dev team would rather erase all the threads about their problems than address them and release an updater to fix at least some of the problems. When I bought this card I thought I would be getting some kind of decent support from them(and several reviews said there would be) but all DS-X users just got lied to basically.

I really regret buying the DS-X. Its time to start looking at another Slot 1 card, maybe either r4 or maybe the cyclo.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
Ditto mate Ditto. Just had three threads pulled down even one called "smelda ghostly power pants" I will try my best to direct all people with this issue here and maybe if we all rally round we can get it sorted or at least I could show them this link and make them think about sorting it. Its there rep on the line end of the day and whats a flash cart without a good reputation? (well sorry i should of said whats a poorly supported overpriced bug ridden flashcart without its rep) but I wouldnt say that wouldnt want to get myself baned from DS-X.com then I wouldnt be able to update once every 6 months.
rofl2.gif

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
So can everyone with this proble please make a small "me too" post here so i can put a link to this forum on DS-X.com. ta

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
LMAO. Yeah, I get your point, the DS-X was one of the worst buys that I have made.

An advice: get the R4. It's great, cheap, won't let you down. I'm getting one this summer and giving the DS-X to my sister for her to play some apps. Because I want to play Zelda this summer, not NEXT YEAR.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I say; we go look that team up and beat the crap out of them.

Or we could just demand freaking support for once

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
I have now posted links to this page on all the trackers and sites I can find with this rom (includeing the one I upped today at the pirate bay its no1 on there handheld top 100 ) hopefully this might help.

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
I have now posted links to this page on all the trackers and sites I can find with this rom (includeing the one I upped today at the pirate bay its no1 on there handheld top 100 ) hopefully this might help.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you'll notice, all of their marketing, and all of their ads, they never mention roms (that i've seen). They have to be extra careful since they are a US-based company, and not some little shop in hong kong. Their rules specifically state you are not allowed to discuss roms at all. Of course it's 'designed' to play roms...but they won't support that in any way unfortunately.

I said it when the ds-x first came out, and i'll say it again now: it's overpriced. also, the loading speed is sllllooooowwww compared to my slot-2 supercard. I can be at the titlescreen of a game within 3 seconds on SC:CF, while DS-X takes more like 20-25 seconds (gotta wait for like 3 different loading screens)

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but they could very easly block ilegal roms from being loaded and they dont so there just blowing smoke out of there arse to be honest.

res1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to agree. Besides the shitty build quality of the initial shippment and still no OS X support (or decent support at all for that matter) this just sure makes it one too many.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
I'm aware of the "No ROM talk" policy on the DS-X forums and I tried to abide to that policy by just asking if it would be possible to release a quick (and by 'quick' I don't mean fix one thing and break another, 'quick' as in a released in a day or two) fix for the 2MB save problem.
Needless to say the post got deleted in a matter of... well, seconds. Moderators must be lurking today since it's a big 'release' day. I like my DS-X, but I absolutely hate the fact that it's one overpriced piece of hardware with some marketing overstatements. I must admit though, that GBATemp played a great factor in me deciding to get said flashcart... oh well, I guess I can always cough up 40 more Euros for an R4, it's nothing compared to the 115 I paid for the DS-X.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
All this rant because for a change 1 frickin' game doesn't work??!?!?!?, and it is even in Japanese?!?!?

I am a DS-X owner for more than a year now and all I have to say to you is:
I play a lot more with my PSP.

Besides? what is Zelda anyway? just a pitiful pile of lies...
err.... wait, that is Dracula's definition of a MAN....

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All this rant because for a change 1 frickin' game doesn't work??!?!?!?, and it is even in Japanese?!?!?

What does the PSP have to do with anything?

Also, get a N-Card 2GB of memory PERFECT compatibility for 40$. GRRRREAT DEAL. If you can't get that get a CycloDS or a R4 or any of the others.

Kelli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I own a ds-x and i would be happy for it, if Zelda and Sim city would work.

I haven't got any problems before that. This may sound some kind of defense talk to someone, but what i want to say is the ds-x itself is a great piece of hardware, but the team taking care of it is doing some shit work. Amen.

Ps. I am selling my ds-x and maybe buying cyclo ds evo...

Edit. And yes, you all you said it's overpriced are definetly right, but i bought because it was the first slot-1 card sold here.
cry.gif

hate2.gif

Auyx

Trophies
XP
Country
People are pissed because they payed through the nose for a card for the support of a US firm to end up with a endless number of mistakes.

1. They relese a firmware that bricks a large number of there own units then go into hiding for a month while there support tracker is silent and no posts are made on there website. Then thay take down the offending firmware without putting up a replacement old one leaving end users with dead carts. This problom got resolved TODAY it started 2 months ago!.

2. The carts EEPROM backup system is broken randomly corrupting .sav files willy nilly. This problem has NOT been solved by todays update.

3. Check out this page http://support.ds-x.com/view_all_bug_page.php

Yes thats one thousand eighthundred and sixty one people who have had a serius enugh problem with there DS-X to contact the support system.

4.LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooong waits for updates witch only fix the problems they made not the ones that we want fixed.

jayx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not its not just this one game. This is the straw that broke the camels back basically. Ive tried again and again to justify me paying for this but I just cant do it anymore. It was such a waste of money, money that I wont be able to get back. I even overlooked their messed up firmware that ruined my Pokemon Diamond save(over 14 hours of playtime).

Oh and Zelda isnt just one game, its THE game for the DS. Its the heaviest of the heavy hitters for the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr