Hacking Ds won't turn on.

!!??

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old ds. My screen got scratches, so I tried replacing my screen. After replacing the screen and putting it back together, when trying to turn on my DS it turns on the touch screen flashes then turns off. Could anybody help me fix it. I don't have a warranty because it's about 3 years old. How much would it be to repair if I can't fix it myself.

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
you shud just send it over to nintendo and theyll give u a price quote on repair. at most it shud be around $30. You shud check tho.
unsure.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are if you opened it and f'ed it up, it'll be obvious and will void warranty, they will not fix it.

I'd suggest either A)Getting a new DS or B)Attempting to find a third party company that fixes these things, there are a few online that also give free quotes.

!!??

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Chances are if you opened it and f'ed it up, it'll be obvious and will void warranty, they will not fix it.

I'd suggest either A)Getting a new DS or B)Attempting to find a third party company that fixes these things, there are a few online that also give free quotes.
Yeah , but don't they charge you to fix it.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pyrofyr said:
What warranty?

He clearly stated that he didn't have a warranty because his DS was about 3 years old.

!!??

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AH now I made it even worse. I blew the fuse on my while putting the old touch screen in to see if it was the touch screen that was the problem, but then I think I may have blew a fuse. SO now I'm going to have to solder it, but my first problem was that I broke the clips that two wires go in, so I don't know how I would fix that. I might just upgrade to a lite, but if I do I want to see if I get this one working so I have both. Oh and the worse thing is that the touch screen I was using to replace it broke, so my ds is broken for nothing.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
!!?? said:
AH now I made it even worse. I blew the fuse on my while putting the old touch screen in to see if it was the touch screen that was the problem, but then I think I may have blew a fuse. SO now I'm going to have to solder it, but my first problem was that I broke the clips that two wires go in, so I don't know how I would fix that. I might just upgrade to a lite, but if I do I want to see if I get this one working so I have both.
I'm willing to bet that you messed up the insulation. Tape the back panel of the screen.

!!??

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
!!?? said:
AH now I made it even worse. I blew the fuse on my while putting the old touch screen in to see if it was the touch screen that was the problem, but then I think I may have blew a fuse. SO now I'm going to have to solder it, but my first problem was that I broke the clips that two wires go in, so I don't know how I would fix that. I might just upgrade to a lite, but if I do I want to see if I get this one working so I have both.
I'm willing to bet that you messed up the insulation. Tape the back panel of the screen.

You mean where that black cloth is? SHould I use any specific tape? Electrical? Duct? Scotch?

I may have not blown the fuses. there is still a green wire there.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first issue is most likely due to the top screen's ribbon cable not being pushed in all the way. The DS starts up, doesn't detect the top screen at all, and shuts off as a result. The ribbon cable reportedly goes in farther than most people expect.

Dunno what to tell you on the fuses, sorry.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
!!?? said:
ferrariman said:
!!?? said:

You mean where that black cloth is? SHould I use any specific tape? Electrical? Duct? Scotch?

I may have not blown the fuses. there is still a green wire there.
I use scotch. But I think electrical tape will work.

!!??

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still doesn't turn on at all. I guess the fuse is broken. Does anybody have recommendations for a soldering iron?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like someone else said, it is likely that one of the screens' ribbon cable is not properly connected. This exact thing happened to me when I changed the casing. Open it up and make sure everything is properly connected before taking a soldering iron to it.

!!??

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
Like someone else said, it is likely that one of the screens' ribbon cable is not properly connected. This exact thing happened to me when I changed the casing. Open it up and make sure everything is properly connected before taking a soldering iron to it.
No I tried that, and it doesn't work. He said that was the solution to my first problem. Now I have to do this to fix it.
http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_D...le_(blown_fuse)
Yep after looking closely I see that the wire is severed.

sboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
about the ds that could not on. i open my ds most of the time, its related to the top LCD ribbon wire which is not connected to the PCB properly. Just ned to insert in fully. blown fuse is seriously a risky thing to do. ask a shop which does repair and do for u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.