Gaming DS will not detect any games?

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a crimson red DS, and it will not detect any of my games. I called Nintendo about the problem and they said they can fix it (for 75.00$). I do not want to pay seventy-five dollars to fix one thing, so, does anyone have a solution I can try?

Thanks,

-jakepsycho

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Your slot 1 is most likely dirty. If you can, get compressed air and blow it into the slot 1. It would be very likely if you don't have a game in the DS slot often, or if you place games in there that have been sitting out in the open for any length of time.

You can also force in a hard breath from your mouth. Don't be afraid to blow a dry breath onto the contacts of the games either, as those can also get kind of dirty. Make sure the breath is dry though, as you don't want to blow spit all over your games, or into your DS game slot.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nathan Drake said:
Your slot 1 is most likely dirty. If you can, get compressed air and blow it into the slot 1. It would be very likely if you don't have a game in the DS slot often, or if you place games in there that have been sitting out in the open for any length of time.

You can also force in a hard breath from your mouth. Don't be afraid to blow a dry breath onto the contacts of the games either, as those can also get kind of dirty. Make sure the breath is dry though, as you don't want to blow spit all over your games, or into your DS game slot.

Never breathe on contacts, it will make them moist and thus shorting can occur. Also, compressed air should always be blown OUT of the thing you want to clean, if you blow it inwards, it can worsen your problems.

QUOTE(bahamut920 @ Jun 17 2011, 07:12 AM) Another way to clean is to use a cotton swab and a very small amount of rubbing alcohol.

Only with a microscopic amount. I'd actually recommend getting an electric contact cleaner, because alcohol can cause very severe damage to your contacts if it doesn't dry quickly enough. Electric contact cleaners on the other hand dry very fast and they're made for the sole purpose of safely cleaning contacts.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions, tried the one with blowing air and it didn't help, so...the next thing I'll try is shadow's electric contact cleaner, and will post if that works. Thanks guys!
yaynds.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night