Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its back! Yeah my shitty threads are back...with a vengeance. Ok theres very little but theres a couple of games that may be worth a try including the long awaited sequel to Nanostray which I'm hoping will be a good shooter and erm ahem Barnyard Blast which could be average at best. On the Wii there is Nitrobike which I hope won't be a piece of shit and be as good as the developers ExiteBike 64.

DS

15th January

Nanostray 2 DELAYED UNTIL 12th Feb

Region: North America Genre: Side scrolling shoot-em-up
Developer: Shin'en Publisher: Majesco Games

Nanostray 2 features six game modes, including two-player co-op, two-player vs, Challenge (with 30+ different missions) and the brand new Simulator (go high-score hunting in four futuristic games). With both horizontal and vertical viewpoints that offer more variety between levels, Nanostray 2 also includes multiple control schemes and configurable weapons that are a necessity to defeat the game’s 100 different enemies and 16 giant bosses. In addition, all players can compete in the N2 world championship. You can directly upload all your scores from arcade mode to the world championship board and browse it online in a number of categories. Local wireless co-op play is also supported.Also theres a Arcade Simulator bit where you can play various Nanostry themed versions of Asteroids & Breakout style games. I wasn't really into the first one, it was ok but I expect this one to be a lot better.

Video Link

ME0000846932_2.jpg
ME0000818680_2.jpg
ME0000818682_2.jpg

Barnyard Blast: Swine of the Night DELAYED UNTIL 30th Jan

Region: North America Genre: Generic Action Platformer
Developer: Sanuk Software Publisher: DSI Games

Ok I'm gonna do something very un-Hadrian and not piss on a DSI game. Ok it looks like a mobile phone game (which I play a lot and some are good fun), it looks like a cheap kiddy version of Castlevania but I dunno I get a feeling that this could be the best DSI game ever. Ok thats not saying much as their games range from bad to "holy fuck thats awful" (you can mention many games that you like but I will still disagree) so it may be slightly fun. Ok maybe it won't be worth the money to buy it as there are only six levels but I reckon it could be ok and for a DSI shovelware title thats the best that could possibly happen

Video Link

BarnyardBlastDS2.jpg
BarnyardBlastDS1.jpg
BarnyardBlastDS3.jpg

Miami Nights: Singles in the City

Region: North America Genre: Sims rip off
Developer: Gameloft Publisher: Ubisoft

I liked a lot of Gameloft mobile games, I liked their ports of Asphalt Gt 1 & 3 & Brothers in Arms on the DS, but this is a port too far for me. Now this game is ok on the mobile but then you only pay £3 for it, on the DS you'll be £30 for essentially a 3D version of the same game...sigh. Create a new you in the colorful backdrop of Miami, where your ultimate goal is to become a rich and famous model, singer or actress. Freedom has no limits, so prepare yourself for a star-studded, thrilling adventure filled with night clubs, yachts and beaches. Prove you’ve got what it takes to make your dreams come true. Use the stylus to wash dishes, dance, vacuum your house, massage your date, become a hot DJ and much more! Some screens I've seen featured you in bed with some bint but of course nothing happens...you just sleep. Perhaps theres some kind of unlockable "hot coffee" mode. On a positive note you can do bitch fights so it could be fun.

2003055582296999273_rs.jpg

Corvette Evolution GT

Region: North America Genre: Racer
Developer: Jack of All Games Publisher: Jack of All Games

Hurrah another cheap DS budget racer! Its published/developed by Jack of All Games who are pretty bad and theres no screens at all so all signs point to crapdome. I hope I'm wrong.

17th January

From The Abyss

Region: Japan Genre: Action RPG
Developer: Sonic Powered Publisher: Majesco Games

An action RPG in the vein of Seiken Densetsu/Mana series. You star off by answering questions that determines who you play (wait wait...thats familiar), you fight enemies with a variety of weapons/magic and capture their souls to gain their skills and two player co op mode but you can only play in this "special" dungeon and not the main game in this mode. Sounds like another generic action RPG, could be good but I'm expecting mediocrity. Video makes it look fun though.

Video Link

ME0000912029_2.jpg
ME0000912033_2.jpg
ME0000912028_2.jpg

Mario & Sonic At The Olympics

Region: Japan Genre: Sports
Developer: Sega Publisher: Sega

Well the Wii game was the best selling title on the console at Christmas and is still doing quite well, the DS version should wipe the floor with it sales wise! Looking like it'll be more fun and more like a Track & Field style game, events include 100m, jousting, swimming, high jump, pole volt, gymnastics, table tennis, skeet shooting, archery and others. Theres no online which is fucking stupid and someone should be spanked hard with paddles for not including that, and that someone should be me 'cos I'm a kinky shit. There is 4 player wi-fi so I guess that'll do but still naughty naughty Sega for not doing the obvious. Regardless I am still looking forward to this game. US version comes out on the 22nd with others following in Feb.

Video Link

2001061859458428722_rs.jpg

Also out in Japan is Touch de Uno which is another version of the board game.

18th January

Bob The Builder: Festival Of Fun

Region: Europe Genre: Total crap?
Developer: Someone lame Publisher: Blast! Entertainment

Bob the Builder is shit, there I said it! He's got nothing on Postman Pat or Fireman Sam. There was a GBC game that sucked big fat donkey balls so expect this one to. Its also a budget release that'll cast £11.99. Apparently you do mini games that involve making pizzas, dancing and of course building. No screens but then...who cares?

Wii

15th January

Nitrobike

Region: North America Genre: Dirt Bike Racer
Developer: Left Field Productions Publisher: Ubisoft

Developed by the same people who did ExciteBike 64, comes this racer...that kinda rips it off. But I don't mind as Nintendo don't seem to be that bothered in making a new EB game for Wii so this will do. So on the good side: They made ExciteBike 64, that was awesome! They also made MTX Mototrax on PS2, that was also awesome, its been in development since October 2006 and isn't in development on ANY other console, it has 1-6 player online play, there will be mini games like ExciteBike 64 had, which were a lot of fun. There are 20 distinct levels in the game and various game types that will be played on them. (Eliminator, Hoop Havoc, etc). Terrain ranges from a desert airplane graveyard, to volcanic islands, to the inside of a movie studio. On the bad side, the devs made the dire Backyard Football and the absolutely horrible Dave Mirra BMX on PSP. Graphically it could look better but then so could Excite Truck but that didn't spoil that one bit. I have high hopes for this.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

Samurai Warriors: Katana

Region: North America Genre: First Person Slasher
Developer: Omega Force Publisher: Koei

Nintendo Power recently gave this game 7.5. New for this game is A completely new bodyguard system that is vastly improved, the game has gold and a shop, in which one can buy mounts, hire bodyguards, purchase new skills and upgrade weapons and its said to be more historically correct.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

Furu Furu Park

Region: North America Genre: Mini games
Developer: Tatio / 505 Games Publisher: Majesco

Ah yet another title made up of mini games, its by Tatio though and features many of their "classic" titles too. Could be good but most probably be a bit plain and boring. Some games include Arkanoid, Bubble Bobble, Pocky & Rocky, Sonic Blastman, Safe Cracker, and Super Karate. The trailer makes it look kinda alright.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

CSI: Hard Evidence

Region: North America Genre: Detective Adventure
Developer: Telltale Games Publisher: Ubisoft

Hurrah another god damn mother fucking port, thanks Ubisoft its what I always wanted! I played the 360 version last year which I fount to be kinda boring. CSI: Hard Evidence features forensic reconstructions and atmospheric crime scenes taken directly from the television show, including an all-new garage lab for analyzing large evidence such as cars and boats, improved evidence gathering, review and lab mini-games, and more areas to explore. Being a port and a Ubisoft Wii game expect it to be even worse than the original because for some reason Ubisoft like doing bad ports.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

18th January

Wii Chess

Region: Europe Genre: Chess
Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo

Nintendo's latest Wii title is...chess. Ok ok it could be a good game of chess, I've got nothing against chess in videogame form but IT SHOULD BE A CHEAP DOWNLOADABLE TITLE! Looking at the screens & trailer I'm sure it won't take up much space at all compared to the other WiiWare titles announced. Its also gonna be £20 (about $40 US) which is a bit of a rip off if you ask me. Why not include other board games? My mind boggles at the silliness of Nintendo.

Video Link

Click to enlarge:

Oh yeah some games may not appear when they say they will, sometimes these dates are just shipping dates so if a ROM was to appear it would be a day or three after. Also games get delayed...deal with it.

Mars

Radioactive Propaganda Minister
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nanostray looks decent
and Barnyard Blast looks fun, despite that it's a DSI game

I've been looking for to Mario and Sonic for some time, but I thought they were including Wi-Fi in the DS version.

At least we finally get some decent DS titles.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From The Abyss - looks good.

I'm curious about Mario and Sonic too. More reasons to order R4DS now!! My N-card died, I think. Yeah, I know I repeated that few times but I'm in mourning times.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
F-ing Nanostray 2 and Nitrobike please!

It took me forever to find a copy of the first Nanostray when it came out. I got 1 of the only 2 copies in the city apparently. Because I went EVERYWHERE.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just been looking up at whats out the week after, heres the main titles:

DS:
Advance Wars DS 2, Sonic & Mario At The Olympics, Hijouguchi: Exit DS

Wii:
Dairantou Smash Brothers X & No More Heroes

Should we expect a forum crash?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nanostray 2......ahhh, more old-school happiness for me to consume. Yummy!

I'm hearing whispers that it got pushed back to February. Some people at GameFAQs were mentioning that they attempted to pre-order it from Lamestop and were told that it got pushed back. Hopefully it's just the publisher trying to make sure people get a FAIR price on it first before providing it to the "$5-more" whores.

I really hope it shows on time and we're not made to wait another month. All this shovelware lately is depressing and I need a decent game to play.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Just been looking up at whats out the week after, heres the main titles:

DS:
Advance Wars DS 2, Sonic & Mario At The Olympics, Hijouguchi: Exit DS

Wii:
Dairantou Smash Brothers X & No More Heroes

Should we expect a forum crash?

Only if they all come out in the same day.. Smash Bros will cause some fuzz around here.. but I believe most people will wait for the US version..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1