DS Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Jaxtaylor, May 26, 2007.

May 26, 2007

DS Wifi Problems by Jaxtaylor at 7:46 PM (951 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Jaxtaylor
    OP

Newcomer Jaxtaylor Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I have a very strange problem with a DS and wondering if someone has experienced this before...

I have three DS's here, two connects to WIFI, and one doesn't. The one that doesn't won't even allow me to Erase DS WIFI Settings, the option is blanked out. I have tried copying the settings from one working DS to this other one, but it won't allow me to.

Pictochat works between all of them, so the hardware isn't faulty. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing or that might help me?

It's driving me mental!!

EDIT * I have just discovered that this DS WIFI will work if it's very close to the router or other DS, so it's something to do with the WIFI range - Any ideas how to sort that anyone?

2. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    you could buy a better antenna and replace the one(s) on your router, or if it's a linksys you can boost the power (range) in the firmware settings

or just get a chair beside the router [​IMG]

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    something inside the ds must be fu**ed.

4. Jaxtaylor
    OP

Newcomer Jaxtaylor Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah, it looks that way - but I don't know what it could be - I'm wondering if there might be an internal arial I might have disconnected while I was replacing the touch screen. Very curious and most annoying!!!