DS Weather

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ducky, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008

DS Weather by Ducky at 2:27 PM (1,290 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ducky
    OP

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    I've been trying to get this homebrew working on alot , For alot of time. But I just seem to not be able to get it to work any way I try.

Using a Cylco DS , 32fat 2GB Sandisk MicroSD
    With a DS Lite.

Could someone please help me with a download + Step by step? Cus every time I try a version , I tried amny versions but I cant seem to find the right one.. I'll be greatful for help!

2. pepsibluehawk87

Member pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is this the weather app your using?

3. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    No I think he is using
    DSLiveWeather

and the website I linked is the authors site so it might help you to look at it. You may need to update the server it gets it's information from.

and since you are from Israel I'm not sure how to tell it where to get the info from (where you live)...since I think it uses weather.com codes from the US...I may be wrong.

Ps. Would also help to know what isn't working about the homebrew. Does it start and display? Does it not retrieve information? Does it not store? Does it not recognize your location?

4. Ducky
    OP

Member Ducky QUACKJECTION!

Israel
    Sure , Lemme try both , By the way the problem which mostly happens is the freezing problem , it gets to a part where the game freezes when it needs to find data.

The code I use is ISXX0010 , if someone could test it and see if it might be un-useable because im from israel , You may go , i'd appriciate it

It seems I can not download the latest DSLiveWeather from the Lick author , this link is corrupted

http://lickr.org/files/DSLW_2007_07_12b.zip

okay , l found another one [​IMG]

Edit number 3 : Okay amm I just opent both of em one at a time , Lick's one has opent well , I saved a user with all the needed stuff , I changed the adresses so it will gain the right data , I moved to Currently tab , Pressed the sad smily , it smiled , Pressed the V button , "Receiving cc 0... , Processing cc0.. [512] " And the screen is frozen and I can't function a thing

The DS Weather Report is playing the music well , Connects to internet , but when I want to aquire data it freezes. no matter what data.

5. bmon

Newcomer bmon Member

United States
    what is the working link for the weather server fetch file? Does anyone have it working ?
    If not this are there any other weather apps for DS for US?

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm pretty sure it stopped working because weather.com changed its internal structure to the point that DSLiveWeather can't connect to it properly anymore. At least that's what I remember reading on GBAdev.