DS Weather Report v0.3

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Aug 1, 2007.

Aug 1, 2007

DS Weather Report v0.3 by shaunj66 at 9:42 AM (1,334 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

DS Weather Report v0.3

Forecast telling app

[​IMG]Â[​IMG]
    Sébastien THON (stravingo) has released version 0.3 of his forecast telling homebrew - 'DS Weather Report'.[title:DS Weather report]Hello with all,

after having made two plays on DS (Ka-Boom and Setsuzoku No Puzzle), I launched out for my third realization in the development of a utility. Here thus DS Weather Report, which I subjects in the applications category of the compo Dev.-Fr. How its name indicates it to anglophone among you, this application enables you to have a station weather in the pocket! You will be able to see the situation current weather on a chart (for the moment limited to Western Europe) which you can make ravel and zoomer. Information weather is downloaded by Wifi near the waiter of The Weather Channel. To make function the application, it is thus necessary to be for Access Point.

You can reach a detailed weather report like with a forecast over 5 days for more than 40000 cities in the world in three manners:

* Maybe while clicking on the position of this city on the chart if it is a European city.

* Maybe by selecting the city in a list classified by country (2280 European cities).

* Maybe while entering directemment its code weather (more than 40000 cities in the world).

This bulletin is posted on the screen top, the duration of remote loading is 1 to 3 seconds.

To obtain weather information of ALL the cities appearing on the chart, press on X. the remote loading hard between 30 seconds and 1 min. You will then see the temperatures and the pictograms on the chart for all the cities.

The topic “Evolution” of the compo was not expected that for the plays, but my application also answers it since it makes it possible to know the evolution of the weather in real time like its evolution over 5 days
    By the way, all the prog is in English (shame one me) but a translation in French is laid down.
    Another thing: the program WILL NOT FUNCTION on an emulator because of the requirements in Wifi, to only thus test on hardware.

Controls:

A: Makes cycle the types of information posted on the chart (names of the cities/icons/temperatures). The first time that one supports on A, information weather are downloaded if they had not already been it by a support on X.

B: Makes it possible to select a city, either in a list of cities classified by country, or while entering its code.

X: Reactualize the temperatures by downloading information of all the cities whose names appear on the chart.

Y: Help and appropriations.

Select: Select the current city as being the favorite city. This information is stored on the linker.

Start: Fact of appearing on the screen top the weather of the favorite city.

L/R: Zoom out/zoom in.

Cross: Displacement of the chart.

Stylet: Select a city on the chart, selects a city in the list, etc

Installation:

1) Take the format of ROMANIAN corresponding to your linker (either DSWeatherReport.nds, or DSWeatherReport.sc.nds)

2) Patchez the ROMANIAN with DLDI.

3) Copy the ROMANIAN from your linker, as well as the file “cities.dat” to place in the same repertory.[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

Thanks to khan for the heads up and for uploading the file to our Download Centre!

2. KeYbLaDeXaLcHeMi

Member KeYbLaDeXaLcHeMi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    looks kayoot!

3. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Looks better than LiveWeather, IMO. Lets see if it WORKS better than LiveWeather. [​IMG]

4. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    It is obvious the author put a lot of effort into this program. The interface is very slick. With the map and music, it even looks like a tv weather program. However, I prefer DSLiveWeather. It is faster and that's all that matters.

5. stravingo

Newcomer stravingo Newbie

France
    DS Weather Report v0.4 will be out by the end of this week. It will feature Central and Eastern Europe countries, faster display, and much more faster download times. A larger map with other continents will be added in further versions.
    By the way, if you like my work, don't hesitate to vote for me at the Dev-Fr contest : http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,901.0.html
    Thanks! [​IMG]

6. HBK

Portugal
    Tested it, really awesome. Much, much better than LiveWeather. Great work! [​IMG]

7. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

For some reason I can't get this to work on my DSLite + R4DS. After the DSX splash screen, I'm just getting two black screens with the wifi indicator going. Does anyone know what's going on?

8. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    can you get the ds to connect to anything else via wifi? [​IMG]

9. Kiok

Member Kiok GBAtemp Regular

Jamaica
    Wow this is awesome!

10. ViRGE

Member ViRGE GBAtemp Fan

Yep, I was just playing MKDS before I ran DSWeather.

11. FSSimon

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Same story here. Wifi is ok. Splash screen, then two black screens...

12. HBK

Portugal
    stravingo, the server that hosts the weather reports doesn't retrieve the info anymore. It just appears 0ºC in all cities and takes 15 sec to show that.

13. stravingo

Newcomer stravingo Newbie

France
    DS Weather Report v0.4 is available, you can get it on my devblog. This version is now much more faster.