DS Visual Novel Reader 1.3.4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Urza, May 30, 2008.

May 30, 2008

DS Visual Novel Reader 1.3.4 by Urza at 7:05 AM (3,905 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Urza
    OP

Member Urza hi

United States
    [​IMG] DS Visual Novel Reader 1.3.4
    A few versions have been missed
    [​IMG]

A few updates to Jake's Visual Novel Reader, designed to play visual novels created in .scr format. Mainly bug fixes, existing users (pre-1.3.1) must note that saves are now using a new XML format, so previous saves must be converted using the python script in the "tools" directory. Download below.

Changelog 1.3.0 through 1.3.4

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

2. Flooded

Banned Flooded Banned

United States
    I can ever can get this to work on the R4

3. GuardianHX

Newcomer GuardianHX Advanced Member

Canada
    I was unable to load it with my G6 Real for awhile, but try loading it up with DSorganize, (If it loads it, great! If not, that's still good, as it's patched now.)

Once it's patched with DSorganize, and if it doesn't load up, download DSchannels (Googling for it resuts in a link on the first page. [​IMG]) and boot it up through that by putting VNDS.nds in a folder called, "apps" in the root of your cart.

You may need to put your flashcarts DLDI driver in /QLshell/driver/ (Folders installed along with dschannels) to get it to work.

If that was kind of confusing, here's some simple instructions:

1 Try booting VNDS.nds up with DSorganize

2 After it's patched, and IF IT STILL DOESN'T LOAD, then...

3 Download DSchannels and extract the contents to your cart

4 Copy and Paste the vnds.nds file that was patched with DSorganize into a new folder named, "apps" in the root of your cart

5 Make sure you flashcarts DLDI driver is in /QLshell/drivers

6 Load up DSchannels, and select the "FIX ME" button. (The reason why it says that is because you need to make an icon called "vnds" for it to show a proper button for the file, but it's not needed.)

7 Voila~

4. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    works great on acekard 2^^. just wish i knew how to use onscripter so i could a project running to port crescendo or kana to ds.

5. DukeZero

Newcomer DukeZero Member

Netherlands
    Very nice application. Now I have no excuse left to postpone playing FSN any longer.