DS USB Charger, what do u think about it?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by test84, Nov 13, 2007.

Nov 13, 2007
  1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    HI,
    since my charger is 110v and i use a converter to make it to 220 which is like 2kg, i was thinking of buying one of these chargers, since my laptop is always with me, so the question is, are they safe to use or they will ruin the battery, since USB's voltage is 5volt and i'm not good at hardwares.
    and how much it takes to charge an empty DS Lite? since the charger is like 3hours they should be the same if it brings same 5volt from USB?

TIA. [​IMG]

and which brand is best?

(p.s. I know i can make one myself but i dont have an spare Nintendo Style charger head)

2. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i beleive i bought dragon or some chinese brand from somewhere in china, it was 3 bucks, first i was going to mod it into something else (ds battery pack) but decided to keep it and it seems to work fine, think its quite nice for 3 bucks, i've used it for over 6 months now and my ds still works fine, nice to alternate from wall charger to pc charger. oh and i've blown both fuses on my DSL doing some experiments lol, burned my charger fuse & battery fuse but it was way before i bought the 3 dollar cable.

i say if you can find it cheap grab one, it works great, its just a cable so it should be extreamly cheap

3. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    thnx, does it take same 3hours to charge?
    and which brand u think i get?

4. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Since USB is self-regulated power which is based off of the voltage that your PC uses, it should charge the same as using the Wall Charger.

I have a USB charger myself but I haven't tested how long it takes to charge.

5. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
  6. striderx

Member striderx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah that was a great deal. I have the same cable as well as DS only and DS Lite only versions. We use those in the car with a USB lighter plug adapter.

Go USB power!! [​IMG]

striderx

7. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    As striderx said, I bought mine with a USB lighter plug charger for the car and i use the USB cable on my computer aswell to charge it. I have used the USB charger for about 5-6 months now and its fine, i'm pretty sure it charges as quick as my wall charger aswell, nice handy to have it charging while on the computer so i can play it. =]

8. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Hm I've used USB chargers in the past. They take incredibly long to charge compared to the AC adapter, but I guess they are useful when you don't have access to a home powerpoint