DS turns off when M3 Real is taken out!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by PettingZoo, Nov 8, 2008.

Nov 8, 2008
  1. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Ok Ive been trying to get an AR emulator for my M3 Real, basically where you put the cheats in take the cart out put in the retail cart then play an official cart with cheats. Well when I finally got one guess what, everytime I take out my M3 Real cart whether running the AR emulator (NitroHax by Chism) or not my DS will turn off. So Ive tryed booting into Sakura, M3 Real, iTouch DS, changing microSD cards, using the triple booter, etc. and nothing seems to work. Now some of you may be wondering "Why doesnt he just dump the ROM's" well the truth is, ima noob. So if any of you can help me I will give you 10,000 cookies [​IMG]*

*I wont actually give you 10,000 cookies

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    well there are other methods of "getting" them if you cant dump them yourself if you know what I mean
    im surprised anyone would even bother will a junky ar emu

3. PettingZoo
    OP

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    If you read in my other thread it explains that my interwebs are le screwed so "getting" them is not an option.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    using dial up or something?

5. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Yeah, we've heard that one before [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dumping the roms seems to be the easiest way really. It's not that hard. Do you have any Slot-2 cart with DLDI support or the EZ-Flash 3in1? If so, rom dumping is extremely easy and completely painless [​IMG]

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You can get a Supercard Rumble from DealExtreme.com for about $11 shipped, and use it to dump your DS game paks. It seems unlikely that there would be a way to keep the M3 Real from shutting the DS off when you remove it.

7. FlatFrogger

Member FlatFrogger GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What? Now if i'm reading this wrong, please correct me but:

You do realise you cant use an action replay ROM, they just dont work, never have and that the M3real supports action replay cheat codes either in .txt .xml .db etc formats?

If you are trying to DUMP games theres a tool by rudolph (sp?) for it.

8. bfoos

Member bfoos GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You're reading it wrong. The OP is trying to use a homebrew AR clone called NitroHax to cheat on original games.

9. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First off, NitroHax isn't an Action Replay "emulator" as much as it is an Action Replay replacement because chishm implemented the system AR uses for codes and released a free program for it.

Second, it works fine for me on Mario Kart DS - are you making sure that you're loading the cheat file BEFORE you switch out the carts? Load the cheat file, then it should be safe to switch carts, select your cheats, hit End, start up the game. It's worked for me on my R4 on my Phat, and it worked fine on my M3 DS Real (booting from Sakura 1.12) on my DS Lite, although both are FlashMe'd.

It's either user error or your DS just doesn't act properly when trying to switch cartridges, I'd bet.