DS turns off after being in sleep mode

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by da_head, Dec 1, 2008.

1. da_head
    OP

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    so yeah, like the title says. i close the lid of my ds while playing a game, and 5 mins later i return to continue playing, i open the lid, and bam the ds shuts off. yes the ds still has battery left, and no i didn't hit the power button by mistake. this has happened a few times already, but only happens when i leave it in sleep mode for a few mins (like if i do it for 10 seconds, it's fine). wtf is up? is there something wrong hardware wise? and my nintendo warranty ran out >.>

2. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    same thing happens to me.

except not all the time.

say for example I leave my DS there. 10 Mins later, after I finished what ever I needed to do, the thing shuts of and then I loose all my progress, after I last saved.

But, the only thing I am guessing is that it's cause the hinge thingy game off. The only thing left is the hinge itself. But then it's just really flabby.

3. hawkz02

hawkz02 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    Senegal
    That normal for a DS to turn itself off after a while in sleep mode but u just power on it and it will resume from where u left off..... Not sure if that the case for game but that the way it work for mi when i was watching MOvie =)
    I assume that the same for game.... correct mi if im wrong...... u just start ur game as normal it will go back to where u left off.

4. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland, OH
    Well, you are wrong, because,

DS's aren't supposed to do that.

I've left my DS in sleepmode on accident for a day. Went to go play a game the next and noticed it's in sleepmode, I open it up and I can resume any game. It doesn't shut off.

Sounds like a hardware issue.

5. Splych

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    Sadly, it's still like that. I will maybe send it to Nintendo. ( Since well hinge is broke and L button is messed )

6. iPikachu

iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Oct 27, 2008
    Senegal
    i left my ds on sleepmode for a whole day two times, first time i left it charging, the next day it was still on, the game was still there, second time i didnt charge and the next day it was off.
    though the 2nd one i didnt charge it and t was already red..

7. Pedobear

Pedobear Banned

Banned
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    all i can say is maybe you have to update your card firmware / game firmware
    PS: Thank god I have a cyclo, I can just realtime save and get back whenever