DS To Monitor

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Kayla, Nov 12, 2008.

Nov 12, 2008

DS To Monitor by Kayla at 10:12 PM (1,115 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Kayla
    OP

Newcomer Kayla Newbie

United States
    Okay, I'm a programmer, and I've been fiddling around with this idea, but before I go jump 20 hours into it, I want to know if anything like it exists.

The idea?

To use wifi, to send DS images (that is, the images of whatever the DS is showing at the moment) to the PC.

I'm thinking it may be possible with a certain connector cord, ( see: http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14240683/kor...ial_110408.html ) but I have no clue as to what the cord would be, or need to be.

Any ideas?

- Kayla

2. Talaria

Member Talaria ...

New Zealand
    I don't see any cords in video. Only method i know of is to display DS on tv screen could be used with a vga box for monitor but this cord from DS to screen is only available for developers.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    This is kind of entirely different to your idea, but here you can see two drawing tablets being used as DS screens. The touch screen even works.

4. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    hmm, reminds me of a mod I have on my GBA that replaced the bottom half of the case with one with a tv out, which basically had an internal clip on to the ribbon video cable.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It would definitely have to be a hardware mod. Two reasons why software wouldn't work:

1. You can't run two programs at once on the DS. Thus, you can't run both the screenshop capture app and a game at the same time.
    2. Though the DS does have an internal screenshot function, it only works on the primary screen (which is up to each developer to choose).

Thus, it would have to be some sort of hardware modification that captured the video signal and rerouted it elsewhere.

Off-topic: UltraMagnus, I always wanted one of those for my GBA, never got around to getting one. Of course, I also wanted the Afterburner kit, the GBAccelerator, and the SNES controller linkup cable thing, and never got those either, heh.