DS Titles Due Next Week 12th-15th June Edition

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Jun 8, 2007.

Jun 8, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Not a lot next week, started to do links to trailers, Youtube vids etc this time just for those who wanna see a game in action. One or two games don't have videos but if you know where I can get them from then I welcome any help. As usual dates may change, they either be bought forward or pushed back.

12th June

Time Ace USA Genre: Shoot-me-do

So this is about some scientist who creates a time machine so he can go back to 1914 and prevent World War I, ok its a nice idea but its also retarded as well what if stopping that war another even worse war happens? What if preventing that war stops you from being born huh? The war happens anyway because you weren't around to go back in time to prevent it...my head hurts anyway this guys assistant hijacks the machine and goes back in time with a shitload of weapons so he can rule the world...nice going scientist way to make matters. Plot aside its basically a dogfighting 3D shooter, which could be nice, looks nice anyway so who knows could be worth playing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wcFN_roD5q4

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13th June

Zendoku USA Genre: Puzzle-me-do

From Zoonami (which is made up of ex-members of Rare) comes this new Sudoku game...but with ninjas! Theres a crap load of modes and that and has multiplayer. Question is...do we need more Sudoku games?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AE-3Va2z4Dg

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Already released in Europe, still haven't played it.

14th June

Days of Memories Japan Genre: Love-me-do (you know I love you, I'll always be true, so pleeeeaaase...love me dooooo whoa oh love me doooo)

So you like to masturbate over SNK honeys eh? Well perhaps this is the game for you. Comprising of the 3 mobile phone titles that appeared last year this is a dating sim that features the ladies from many of SNK's past titles, and you gotta chat them up. Some pics I've seen of the mobile version had them in skimpy costumes. One for Shadowboy or is this too clean? Might tie some people over until the witch toucher game comes out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8j0-I1H_IMU *Video of mobile version*

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Game de Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z Japan Genre: Puzzle-me-do

I don't care what anyone says I enjoyed PPG on Cartoon Network, this is a game based off some kind of Japanese anime version but for some reason their eyes are smaller instead of being larger. Never watched it but people say its good...anyway so erm yeah there is a DS game and its by Namco Bandai and erm its basically sugoroku style board game full of mini games, with the Powerpuff Girls Z characters. It has story mode and 21 mini games.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N2au4l0MbOY

[​IMG]

Mizuiro Blood Japan Japan Genre: mini game-me-do

Also by Namco Bandai comes yet another title packed with word and memory based minigames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veGoq0xyMNk

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Unou Kaiten: Match-Bou Puzzle DS Japan Genre: Puzzle-me-do

Some kind of puzzle game, with matches...sorry thats all I know.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

June 15th

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer Europe, Australia & USA Genre: movie tie in-me-do

So based on the sequel to the "its alright" comic book game movie comes this action title. This version lets you play as the Silver Surfer and rid in the craptacularly named Fantasticar. Like most DS movie tie ins that are close to the release date I can't find any screens or any other info so don't hope for much.

Chicken Shoot USA Genre[ Murder chickens-me-do

Was suppose to be out last week but got pushed to this week for some reason. Anyway this game looks clucking lame (ah you see what I did there eh?) but you know there may be some fun to have with this...maybe.
    [​IMG]

Sega Presents Touch Darts Europe Genre: Dart-me-do

The latest DS title from Sega who kinda have an hit or miss success lately and really need to have a bit of quality control...anyway its a darts game, darts used to be massive in this country but isn't any more. Game features career mode, mini games, multiplayer and has 20 beer bellied players.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And thats it really for that week sadly, but theres some more good stuff coming the week after.

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well i guess these games are good enough compared to other weeks we have had [​IMG] time ace looks quite good [​IMG]

3. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Lol...only one that appeals to me is Days of Memories. [​IMG]

4. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    hmm, i want Days of Memories... in english.. now [​IMG]
    or(!) I want to know japanese.. (fluent)....
    please give me either [​IMG]

5. spokenrope

Member spokenrope c7

United States
    Meh. Time Ace might be cool, but everything else looks like it's going to be garbage.

And as always, thanks a lot, hadrian.

6. beethy

Member beethy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Time Ace will be the only one worth playing, even though it looks like a brainless repetitive shooter :] should be fun for a while..

Thanks for the post!

7. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    [​IMG]

Stargate? [​IMG]

8. Intruder

Member Intruder GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Like?

9. Akotan

Member Akotan Mathematical!

Brazil
    Doo-bee-doo-doo!

I'm still playing DQ Rocket Slime! Hahahaha!

Anyways, i'll gonna skip all these titles... Dee-doo!

edit: this was the most off-topic comment I made here ever!

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sim City DS, Transformers (could be one of the better tie in games), Itadaki Street DS & Zelda no Densetsu: Mugen no Sunadokei.

11. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    I do not like those games. They are ..... rather bored, I guess.

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I'm looking forward to Time Ace myself, but I have reservations about it. I mean, it looks to me like a game that can't lose and will be loads of fun, but why is it listed at EB/Gamestop for only $20? Don't get me wrong, I like a good deal just like everyone else, but if this game is really good, the developers are only cheating themselves by not charging a full $30 for it. (we won't get into the whole ROM thing [​IMG] )

I've a feeling the game is going to have some kind of critical flaw (beyond the ridiculous storyline, which is mostly pointless in a shoot'em-up anyway) which warrants the budget pricing on it. It's almost as if even the developers don't have too much faith in the game themselves.

Maybe it's going to be a small ROM, like 8 or 16 megs or something and that's why it will be so cheap in stores.....maybe it just wasn't that expensive to make or something.

I wonder.....

13. Intruder

Greece
    thanks!

14. Bryce

Member Bryce GBAtemp Fan

Holy crap, I love Sim City and Itadaki Street. I'ma wait for an English Zelda, though. Can't wait.

Also from the games in this topic, only Time Ace looks good to me ;P

15. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Time Ace looks fine, reminds of Starfox 64 Someone to love
    Somebody new.
    Mizuiro Blood Japan [​IMG] Someone to love,
    Someone like you.

16. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Nice previews there.

also somewhat interested in time ace.

and that chicken one looks funny. but hell it's probably crap too.

17. Intruder

Greece
    Yeah but it's free and not more than 5MB so... [​IMG]

18. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah I thought the same but then Picross DS, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Tetris, Puzzle Quest were all budget games and were all damn fine (though they were more puzzley). Can't say I've heard of it before I wrote this out and usually if a publisher thinks a game is gonna be a hit they try and hype it up a bit like most companies do with games that aren't based on a big license so I guess its a wait and see with that one.

19. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Time ace reminded me of Star Fox too [​IMG] I'll definitely try it!

20. Migugu

Member Migugu GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Time ace looks good
    and the dart game has good 3D graphs (when I look at 2nd pic the touch screen part)