OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DS tech demos/intros showcase.

The demoscene strikes again.

Despite demo/intro making "scene" not being especially active for the DS, various tech demos have been made and released by various groups none the less. This news post is to showcase some that may have been missed.

DSDemo2.gif

john_rampton1 with Black Mage Dance

An interactive demo using music.

icon11.gif
Author's Blog

Elektro Dude, Dr. Bitsch and Mr. M with Our first time.

A 3d demo released back in April.

eXdreAm with Secret of Mana - Radial Menu

icon11.gif
Author's Blog

Titan with FastDS

Moonlight with Wave effect 4

icon11.gif
Origninal page (Japanese)

download.gif
Download centre bundle

Nuance with Buenzli 16 is available as a seperate download.
icon11.gif
Nuance homepage

Thanks to rest0re, pdroms.de, dev-fr, pouet.net and nintendomax.com/ for the news.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know how much, if any, interest this will garner but I figured I would post something.
I screwed up and missed the Buenzli 16 out (if you can believe it that was what kicked off this post) so you will have to get it separately.
I have tested each of these and had them working on real hardware or no$gba.

This is also not an area I tend to frequent so if you have something I have overlooked please say so, I tried to keep it to stuff released recently as well.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks interesting. Forgive me for sounding dumb though but I don't really understand what I'm looking at and the referenced blogs aren't in English, are these like homebrew groups making tech demos?

Edit: the more I think about it the stupider that question sounds...

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Looks interesting. Forgive me for sounding dumb though but I don't really understand what I'm looking at and the referenced blogs aren't in English, are these like homebrew groups making tech demos?

Edit: the more I think about it the stupider that question sounds...
Well.. they are doing it just to hack DS ... and just coz they can. Some people paint pictures even if there is camera, Demoscene
is about challenge. What you can put in 64k .. or can you make something serious kickass stuff with old nintendo 8-bit. It's just
pointless, but its good execise for programming, music and design and graphics so its good stepping stone for game industry
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol