Epitome of Awesomeness
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I've been playing Spirit Tracks lately, and after a while I closed my DS (Lite) without powering off.
Anyway, after I wanted to play again, I noticed that the sound/music was really soft. I could barely hear it.
Went to sleep, and in the morning, I could hear it again, sound sounded like it was normal, but now I can barely hear it again.
Tried to contact Nintendo, but their Dutch contact page has a 404 error or something.
I'd rather not send my Lite there.
Any advice would be really appreciated!

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe when you closed it, it moved some part for the speaker

edit: i closed my ds and makes echo sounds in music (sounds awsome..LOL) but still not sure

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you have hearing problems? XD

Nah the speakers can't be messed up when you move the ds but since the ribbon that both connect the screen and the speakers to the motherboard goes through the hinges....maybe it's damaged

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Tried to contact Nintendo, but their Dutch contact page has a 404 error or something.
just an example of how bad the customer support is over here... my cousin's gameboy broke, within the warranty, he called nintendo 5 times before he was offered to send his gameboy to nintendo, on his own expense and have it fixed for 90 euros (when it was within the warranty!)

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, sound gets softer when I put the slider on the loudest. A teensyweensy bit before the max, and it goes at the loudest again... Strangeness... Ah well, at least I have a (temporary) fix!

EnnEss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didi you order your DS lite from DealExtreme? DealExtreme's DSes are refurbs and are known to have this problem.... And by the way, If it is from DealExtreme, Nintendo won't take it for repairs. Hope this helps and merry tempmas
biggrin.gif

clioke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Berthenk said:
Meh, sound gets softer when I put the slider on the loudest. A teensyweensy bit before the max, and it goes at the loudest again... Strangeness... Ah well, at least I have a (temporary) fix!

Time to replace the volume slider.
You can buy them on ebay for almost nothing. I have 2 DSL's with the same problem. Slider to the max = no sound.
Slider a bit less to the max = max sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1